Code 100H crackling decay

votes

Hello, I've just bought a code 100H and have had a 50 combo for atleast half the year. I love the amps, however I've noticed when I use my stomp boxes there's a nasty crackling  sound on the decay of notes. I'm using a MXR OD808,  MXR phase 90, analog chorus, and 10 band eq (blue lights), Ernie ball VPJR, Dunlop Crybaby classic, and a polytune tuner pedal mini. Is it potentially due to the stomp boxes and if so I am all ears on what needs to be done to get rid of the crackling in the decay, it is really prmoinent with the cab sim being off. I have the 100H connected to the code 412 cab as well. 

Some troubleshooting I've done, outlets, different guitars. Part of me wonders if it is just digital clipping, which is a possibility as well.

asked 27 Aug 2022 at 06:19 PM

Eric Kurtzbein
Answers: 2

votes

Once I had such an effect when I set to high treshold level of the noise gate.

answered 28 Aug 2022 at 11:07 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

I had the same problem earlier today and I fixed it easy. first break down to guitar cable and amp and add each pedal one by one till you find which one it is  causing the problem. I had a source audio Nemesis that was connected to a voodoo lab power hub that was the source of the crackle.I put it on a isolated power supply and presto, no more crackle. so that's one thing you can check. just plug in your guitar with only a cable straight in and if it is quiet then you know its one of the pedals. 

answered 29 Aug 2022 at 01:36 PM

Mark Torres (6)
Loading - please wait...