Questions
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

votes

answers

views

Hi,

Does anyone know where to find information about firmware updates for the Marshall Multi-room speakers? (Stanmore, Acton, Woburn).
Like a changelog or latest firmware date?

I want to find out if Marshall is even working at fixing all the known problems at all or if they just totally abandoned these products.

My current firmware: 

Marshall Stanmore Multi-Room 
Firmware: 1561616839
Chromecast v: 1.28.102057

Marshall Acton Multi-Room
Firmware: 1561617046
Chromecast v : 1.28.102057

asked 20 May 2021 at 11:27 AM

Kees Lina (2)

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I have two Marshall Stanmore Multiroom speakers and I keep having issues with streaming music. I've contacted support multiple times and while they are friendly and try to help as best as they can, I still don't have a solution.

The setup is the following: my two Stanmore Multiroom speakers are in the same room, about 6 meters apart from each other. I have saved a couple of online radio stations and spotify playlists on the devices. The wireless router (a Fritzbox with 2.4GHz and 5GHz enabled) is in the same room, 2 meter from the first Stanmore, 4 meters from the other. 

The problem: When streaming music, half the time it's crackling. By crackling I mean the sound similiar to someone touching the needle of a record player. This is very annoying and not something you want with a speaker you paid €450 for... Now, as both these speakers have this problem, I thought my network was not sufficient. Speedtests (while the crackling is occurring) show I get about 200Mbps down and 30Mbps up. I even bought the Fritzbox to place in the same room to try and solve this problem. 

On the 5GHz network, both speakers only have a signal strength of 25%-45%. On the 2.4GHz network, both speakers get 55%-60%. The crackling occurs on both networks. There is no other wifi network in my surroundings using the same channel, this can be checked on the Fritzbox. This seems to be a very low signal strength while the router is in the same room, with no blocking walls...

The online streams and spotify lists don't have any issues when I listen to them on my phone/laptop, only on the Stanmores.

The last thing support said was to send the speakers to repairs, but I have read the instructions and when they don't find an issue, I need to pay for their work. I would like to make sure I have two faulty speakers before I would return these. Are there any solutions I haven't tried yet? The thing that worries me is that these Stanmore Multirooms are no longer in production... Is this a known problem?

I hope someone can help me with this frustrating issue... Thanks in advance! 

asked 10 Apr 2021 at 08:15 AM

Pieter-Jan Batsleer

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

I have a problem with the Stanmore II Speaker.
It is connected via Cable to Amazons Alexa. When music is played, it always is ínterrupted by the starting/pairing sound (that e-guitar chords)
as if some device is trying to connect with the speaker. we turned every device nearby off (which shouldn't be the idea, right?) but it still
continues. it's quite annoying.

any ideas?

asked 11 May 2020 at 09:55 AM

Martin Kaspar

votes

answer

views

Hello,

My new Stanmore 2 speaker isn't showing in the devices list on my Macbook Pro.

However, the macbook recognize my TV and my phone. Also there is no problem to connect my speaker with my phone (Huawei P20).

Please help !!

Thank you

asked 09 Jul 2019 at 05:27 PM

Tibo Quinty

votes

answers

views

Is it possible to play the same streamed source (either Apple Music or Spotify) to two voice devices on the same WiFi network. The voice app seems to select only one at at time and the Multi-Room app does not recognise them?

specificially looking at Acton voice and Stanmore voice. I would’ve thought this was straightforward but cannot seem to get it to work as expected.

thanks

asked 23 Feb 2019 at 10:36 PM

G Mat

votes

answers

views

I've been enjoying my Marshall Stanmore Bluetooth Speaker for 5 years and it has suddenly stopped working properly a few weeks ago. When turned on, the red power light is coming on but there is no sound coming out, either when pairing via the Bluetooth connection or the Input source using the audio cable. I can hear a very low buzz sound which stay at the same volume level (even when turning the volume up). The speaker connects to Bluetooth but I can't get no sound out of it. Have tried with my Mackbook Pro and iPhone. I also have a Marshall Acton speaker which works perfectly. Any idea what's wrong with the Stanmore? Thanks.

asked 12 Mar 2018 at 03:18 PM

Benoit Lebel

votes

answer

views

I am facing the problem where when I select the bluetooth mode of my stanmore speaker the song plays but no sound comes out from the speaker. While its works perfectly with AUX cable.

kindly suggest , what I should do !! I am based in India (Delhi)

Thanks,

Ishan

asked 07 Feb 2018 at 09:06 AM

Ishan Marwah

vote

answer

views

Hi,

I just bought a new Stanmore Multiroom speaker. When connecting it to my TV via cinch there is a horrably noticeable delay. The delay doesn't occur when I connect the Stanmore with the stereo plug. 

Does anyone else have this problem and knows how to solve it?

Best

Andi

edited 08 Nov 2017 at 08:35 PM

Andi Violine (1)

asked 08 Nov 2017 at 08:34 PM

Andi Violine (1)

votes

answers

views

Hey,

Just got a Marshall Stanmore, and when listening to calmer songs, I can hear a significant amount of distortion. Like a fuzzy overdrive.
Overall, the speaker sounds great, especially on higher volume, but I still can't get over the annoying distortion. Really low-key piano songs are virtually unbearable to listen to. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

asked 24 Apr 2017 at 07:00 PM

Robin Medin (2)

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I am a great fan of Stanmore. Just Love the sound ( balanced for all kinds of music and the best when compared to speakers of this kind) but I have seen lots of negative reviews of Stanmore not working after a year or so and week bluetooth on Amazon and Apple users.

I want to buy this system but troubled with bad reviews. Have you identified the issue and how do Marshall resolve it on speakers dying down after the warranty expires.

I am in Bangalore, India and would want the system to work at least 4 years to be a value for money.

Regards,

Deepak Raj

asked 02 Apr 2017 at 07:53 AM

Deepak Raj
Showing results 1 to 10 of 10
Loading - please wait...