Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answers

views

I am inexperienced with amps, I want to get the sound from the Arctic Monkeys first album "Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not" I'm told its very simple but I just don't know how to make it. Any body know how to achieve such a sound

Would really appreciate it

asked 15 Nov 2020 at 08:05 AM

Oliver Reynolds

votes

answers

views

every company who sells digital amp made some upgrade with more amp or efx or cabinet or upgrade a better firmware with better tones. you do nothing! I've asked you - almost one year ago -, by mail, if marshall was programming an upgrade and in your mail you answered yes..I think was untrue, it's the worst support I've ever seen in digital amplification.

asked 27 Oct 2020 at 04:28 PM

Raimondo Dalmotto (9)

votes

answers

views

Hi all

I play a vintage 1968 (or '69, not quite sure) 100W Super Lead and have been fiddling with the settings for quite some time now.
My main goal is to get a nice high-gainy sound out of the thing, but I can't really seem to figure out how.

I've read online about boosting my input-level and adding a bit of crunch with an overdrive-pedal.
Turning the 2 channels up halfway and adding a little overdrive gets me there to some extent,
but the amp sounds a bit muddy right now and I feel like it doesn't like being gained up that much.

My main questions are:
 1) Should I find a different amplifier to get a heavy-metal tone?
 2) If not, do you have any tips?

Thanks in advance!
Anton

asked 12 Jun 2019 at 10:58 AM

Anton Mergaerts

votes

answer

views

Hi 

I recently started re using one of my loop pedals into my Marshall mg50 CFx and for some reason the pedal refused to work and after I gave up trying I’ve had a few changes through the amp such as the tone sounding different and my tuner on my pedal still playing sound when should be muted any suggestions on what to do?

edited 10 Apr 2018 at 01:05 AM

Ryan Thorpe

asked 08 Apr 2018 at 01:42 PM

Ryan Thorpe

votes

answers

views

Hi,  I have spent hours  trying to develop a clean sound and I am beginning to think it's not possible with this amp.  It is way too bright, or high toned...  It's like the guitar's B string is way louder than the other strings..  I have tried 2 stratocasters, and my alvarez acoustic and they all sound horrible.  These guitars sound fine on other amps.  I have even turned off all of the effects and I can still hear that high ringing noise, so it looks like the problem is not something I can adjust away...   Has anyone else experienced this?  Hopefully I am missing something simple, because I love the idea of the amp and interface.

edited 31 Dec 2017 at 06:27 PM

Bud Evans

asked 31 Dec 2017 at 04:12 AM

Bud Evans

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the Code 50 amp.  In fact, I only owned one amp before this, and had no effects pedals, so I'm very new to this sort of stuff.

I'm trying to work out the different effects and how they really sound, so my question is this: Do you have suggestions (maybe known songs or bands) that the different presets would sound like?  For example (and this is not accurate, just an example), the Old School preset is similar to what was used in the verses of My Sharona.

Any suggestions from any of you?

Leigh

asked 23 May 2017 at 10:12 AM

Leigh May

votes

answers

views

Freinds,

In the past, occasionally, my Code50 would cause upper register tones to sound out of tune, quavering, in fact. If I reinstalled the firmware, the amp functioned properly. Now, no matter what setings or what guitar I use, the problem persists. I have reset the presets and reinstalled the firmware several times.

The amp has not been abused or subjected to inappropriate use. In home studio only.

What can you tell me?

Jim

asked 18 May 2017 at 05:03 PM

Jim Cutrone (4)
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...