Questions
Showing result 1 of 1

vote

answer

views

Hello -  After really enjoying the Kilburn II speaker, I bought two Acton II speakers to couple them for ambiant sound when not using traditional speakers since you can't couple Marshall's wireless speakers. The Acton II is fantastic for sound and range individually *before* my attempt to couple them. I've had many complex compatibility issues with products over the years, but in this case, it's most puzzling why two same-model "coupled" speakers can be controlled via the iPhone/iPad I paired with them, as well as with the Marshall app (volume/sound settings) but cannot in any shape or form maintain simultaneous outputs even when they're placed right next to each other (well within the 10-meter Marshall spec). So before returning them back to store, I wanted to check with other customers if they've ever truly achieved the goal of coupling two Acton II's with both of them continuously and consistently playing in tandem without streaming drops. Thank you for letting me know,

What I've tried to so far:

- Followed Marshall's pairing/coupling intructions word-by-word. Though their instructions are incomplete and way below their reputation. 

What's more disappointing is the prompt you get in the app to "stay connected to Acton II but disconnected from Acton II in Bluetooth settings." Anyone know what that means? 

- Tried two iPhones and an iPad (all latest iOS).

- Deleted, rebooted, and re-installed the Marshall Bluetooth app (v1.3.1) for iOS.

- Moved the speakers next to each other to eliminate distance argument.

- Tested each speaker with direct Bluetooth to iPhone/iPad source without any issues. In fact, range is so much more when not using the Marshall app to stream to the speaker.

- Factory-reset the speakers.

- End result: The only way I was able to have them coupled was ignore their instructions, couple the speakers and then completlely shut down their app. after they show as coupled . However, there's no way for them to continuously and play in tandem (even sitting right next to each other with source iPhone/iPad next to them). They continue to switch between each other. 

- Also, Marshall needs to be clear that a "couple" can only function with one lifetime source. As soon as you try to use the speaker "couple" on another source device, you lose everything on the previous device and need to de-couple, forget speakers, re-add speakers to your device's Bluetooth, and then pray that the Marshall app will allow you to couple them again. Most of the 18-20 times I tried the whole process, I needed to uninstall their app, reboot device, and re-install their app. :(

Any help deeply appreciated before I return these speakers.

edited 29 Jan 2022 at 07:18 AM

Farzam T (1)

asked 22 Jan 2022 at 05:30 AM

Farzam T (1)
Showing result 1 of 1
Loading - please wait...