Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

votes

answer

views

Please, tell me which output to use to run my MC212 out of my DSL40. I want to run all three speakers at the same time. 

asked 20 Jul 2021 at 11:35 PM

Beau Wolfe

votes

answers

views

I am about to purchase a Code 100 Head , all I have is a 4ohm 212 Cab. Is this okay to do. I know offically it is not, but for tube amps I've heard this is fine to do.

asked 26 Dec 2018 at 08:46 PM

Thomas Loughlin

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with impendances and I'm trying to add a monitor speaker to my amp. As mentioned in the title, I'm using Marshall DSL40C combo, and in order to send my signal to my drummer on gigs I need to connect it to an active speaker (Behringer B12D - 8ohms). Currently I have stock speaker in the amp (70/80, 16ohms) but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different.

My question is - what would be the optimal combination (ohm wise) that would work without any danger to the amp? Can I put in the amp 8ohm speaker (amp speaker) in the first 8ohm output and the Behringer monitor on the other, or do I have to use 16ohm speaker (and what output is better to put it in) with the active monitor (changing the monitor is not an option unfortunately)?

Hope I didn't complicate the question too much!

Thanks!

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 10:06 AM

Mislav Marusic

votes

answers

views

This is not a question but a response to those who have asked if there is a way to reduce the output wattage on Code amps to make them quieter. The short answer is no, not out of the box.

However, the speaker(s) that come with Code amps are 4 ohm. In the case of the Code 25, you can swap it out for a Celestion G10N-40 10" 8 ohm speaker (about $70 on Amazon) and reduce the output from 25 watts to 12.5 watts due to the change from 4 ohms to 8 ohms. Instead of running the master volume at < 1 when I'm jamming with my stereo, I can now run it at about 3. The added bonus is better sound - you hear the distortion from the amp itself with less mud and distortion from the speaker. This will not harm the amp in any way as driving an 8 ohm load requires less of an amp than a 4 ohm load.

Full disclosure, this was not my idea. I read about this from another Code 25 owner. Enjoy!

asked 07 May 2018 at 07:35 PM

Bozo Clown (2)

votes

answer

views

Hi. By mistake, I think I hooked up my 100 watt JCM 800 head to my 1960B 4x12 cab on mono with two cables. It's only recently that I figured out the right way to connect them. That's by plugging  one end to the 16 ohm output of my amp head since it's set to 16 ohms and the other end of the cable to the 16 ohms input on the right side of my cab. Will my stupidity affect the functioning of my amp head for the worst? It seems to sound and function fine now though. Thank you in advance.

asked 27 Apr 2018 at 07:30 AM

Calvin Austin

vote

answer

views

Hi,

I own a DSL20HR amp and I'd like to connect two 1x12 speaker cabinets to the amp simultaneously. Both cabinets are Marshall 1912 cabinets (1x12", 8ohm speaker). There are three speaker cabinet output jack sockets in DSL20HR:

one 1 x 16 OHM socket to connect a single 16ohm speaker cabinet, and

two 1x16 OHM sockets to connect two 16ohm speaker cabinets simultaneously or to connect a single 8 Ohm speaker cabinet to either one of these sockets.

How do I connect two 8ohm cabinets to this amp? I'd like to connect these cabs in series to have 16ohms in result, but the cabs don't have sockets for connecting them in series. There is only one input in 1912 cab. And if I find a device to connect this two amps in series, do I then connect the first cab's input cable to the DSL20HRs single 1x16 OHM input (the first input option)? Is this safe? The manual doesn't say anything about connecting cabinets in series.

Thank you! The new amp is great btw!

asked 17 Feb 2018 at 10:27 AM

Matias Voutilainen (1)

votes

answer

views

I have a 50 Watt JCM800 head- I would like to run it throught just the speakers of a 2199 Soild State 2x12 amp. Is this 2x12 rated at 8 ohms? Would this be okay to do?

asked 27 Apr 2017 at 05:24 PM

Blair Winslow

votes

answer

views

Hi,

Question about connecting a Model 1982B 4x12 lead cabinet to my Model 4211 JCM800 100 watt lead combo.

I just want to be sure on the ohms before connecting the 1982B. Both have been in storage for over 30 years. I have already tested the 4211 combo and it is working fine, It has 2 x G12T-75's connected to one of the two speaker jacks in parallel, with the ohm dial set to 8 omhs. The Model 1982B lead 4x12 cabinet has 320W RMS and 8 omhs marked on the plate. So the questions are...

1. With the 2x16 ohm combo speakers in parallel the amp should be set to 8 ohms on the dial, correct?

2. If I disconnect the 2 combo speakers and only plug in the 4x12 cabinet, the amp stays at 8 ohms?

3. If I connect bothe cabinets, combo at 8 ohms and 4x12 at 8 ohms, should the amp be set to 4 ohms?

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question, but both these things have survived over 30 years in storage, and the last thing I want to do is screw them up by being an idiot and connecting them wrong and frying them.

Thanks for any help in advance...

Les

asked 19 Apr 2017 at 08:51 PM

Les Turner
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...