Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

votes

answer

views

Hi

My DSL 20 HR is completely silent when effect loop is in standard active setting. 
No sound goes through. Only a very very silent cracking. 
when I switch the effect look off to bypass via the foot switch, the amp will give out the regular sound, of course without any pedals that are in the loop

i ruled out broken chords. It is the same without anything in the effect loop at all. 

any suggestions?

thanks a lot

asked 08 Mar 2020 at 09:28 PM

Henning Lührig

votes

answers

views

Hello. I have a Code 50, and I found a DSL100H and a 1960 cab on craigslist yestarday for a good price so I snached them up!

So what Im planning to do is get an 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor and using the headphone out jack from the Code 50 as a effects brick for the DSL100 as the 50 has no out jacks other than the headphone one. Itll be a few days before the adaptor arrives so I thought Id ask how well this will work so Im not so disappointed, lol.

Ive done this before hundreds of times with non tube amps, but I dont want to blow up my new babys tubes.

Ive only had the code for about a month or so. If this doesnt work, Im planning on trading the Code in for a rack effects brick. Or mayber getting a mixer and routing the USB output that way..

Advice?

Thanks!

edited 23 Sep 2018 at 09:43 PM

m j

asked 23 Sep 2018 at 02:56 PM

m j

votes

answer

views

Tried out the effects loop over the weekend and whether I run one pedal through it, or loads, tried different cables, power supply or battery, the loop adds a high pitched whine to the sound, which makes it pretty unusable.

I'm going to re-try a load of things, again different pedals, batteries and cables, but do Marshall have any suggestions?

Also is there a way to change the level/mix of the effects loop, or is it fixed?

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:40 AM

Ian Watts

votes

answers

views

Hi all

Requesting any help for amp settings, I want to break free - Brian May Guitar Solo. I know the Solo was played on a Synthesizer but Brian also plays that solo on his guitar. Does anyone have CODE 50 settings that comes close to this Solo sound?

Regards

asked 01 May 2018 at 08:55 AM

Riaan Swart

votes

answer

views

Hi 

I recently started re using one of my loop pedals into my Marshall mg50 CFx and for some reason the pedal refused to work and after I gave up trying I’ve had a few changes through the amp such as the tone sounding different and my tuner on my pedal still playing sound when should be muted any suggestions on what to do?

edited 10 Apr 2018 at 01:05 AM

Ryan Thorpe

asked 08 Apr 2018 at 01:42 PM

Ryan Thorpe

votes

answer

views

Just wondering, to create a sound like the Cure i'll be needing probably chorus and phaser and/or flanger. Can these be done on the Code50 at the same time or do I buy a multi effect board?

asked 21 Oct 2017 at 01:07 PM

Rudi Smeulders

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the Code 50 amp.  In fact, I only owned one amp before this, and had no effects pedals, so I'm very new to this sort of stuff.

I'm trying to work out the different effects and how they really sound, so my question is this: Do you have suggestions (maybe known songs or bands) that the different presets would sound like?  For example (and this is not accurate, just an example), the Old School preset is similar to what was used in the verses of My Sharona.

Any suggestions from any of you?

Leigh

asked 23 May 2017 at 10:12 AM

Leigh May

votes

answers

views

Will there be any additional effects added or improvements made to the existing effects in the FX section of Gateway?

I find the distortion pedal to be a little lacking . Modulation is through, but effect quality can be improved. 

asked 02 May 2017 at 06:57 PM

Chris Conte (13)
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...