Questions
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20

votes

answers

views

I am inexperienced with amps, I want to get the sound from the Arctic Monkeys first album "Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not" I'm told its very simple but I just don't know how to make it. Any body know how to achieve such a sound

Would really appreciate it

asked 15 Nov 2020 at 08:05 AM

Oliver Reynolds

votes

answer

views

Hello All,  I need some help!

I bought an Marshall Emberton 2 weeks ago. 

When I swiched on it given a wellcome/On sound. Now ther is no sound, but everything else is working perfectly. 

Do you have aniy idea/hint What could it happened?

asked 30 Jul 2020 at 06:53 AM

Tamas DK

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I have a DSL15 that is humming a 120 Hz tone, even with all controls down. This tells me the trouble is in the power section. I checked the bias voltage of both 6V6 tubes, and they are there. However, when I checked the voltage across the plate current sensing resistors, one is around 24 mV, and the other is virtually zero. I swapped the tubes, and the voltage values on the resistors went the other way round. It looks I have a bad 6V6 tube, but I'dlike to confirm before I go buying a new one. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

asked 12 Jun 2020 at 03:13 PM

Marcos Dossa

votes

answers

views

Hi. I just bought Marshall 1959 HW and it's constantly humming when it's on. I have Wizard Modern Classic Amp and ENGL Powerball 2 and they don't hum like that when ON. Is it normal? Also when I strum a chord very loud mechanical noise going out of the back. Check the video I shot to hear how both issues sound:

asked 30 Jan 2020 at 04:15 AM

Andrew Zelenokhat

votes

answer

views

Just received my new JCM 800 2203 head with a new vintage 1960 av cabinet. Hooked it up and turned the power on standby. Very noticeable humming sound coming from inside the head. Is this normal? I have a early 90's JCM 900 that never has made any sounds on standby or powered up fully. Can I get some advice before I decide to send it back and go with something else?

thanks much!

asked 14 Dec 2019 at 02:55 PM

Rory Lasee

votes

answer

views

It's not happening always, but when it does it's frustrating.  Also, sometimes the volume (when it's only cranked up around 2) it tends to get quiter than how louder it suppose to be. Should i bring it back to the shop and ask a repair?

asked 23 Aug 2019 at 10:06 AM

GergÅ‘ Rétvári

votes

answer

views

My J60 tube amp made a loud POP while jamming. All the tubes are secure and lit up, and the fuse still looks good. The amp isn’t making any sound at all though. Any suggestions on what might be the problem?

asked 21 Mar 2019 at 12:43 PM

Zachary Daniels

votes

answer

views

Hi My AS50D has developed a loud hum

It doesn't change if If connect different guitars or micsand changing the input levels has no effect

But it does get louder with the master volume

It sounds like a problem with the power supply is it an easy repair?

I live in the far north of Scotland so shipping is a problem

Here is a video of the hum 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TiVyTYxZsvzc8pF6fWeg_1OQyD2nKjuICw

asked 16 Jan 2019 at 10:10 AM

Stewart McCarroll

votes

answers

views

Today I bought a brand new JVM 205H Amp and a 1936V Cab. I am soooo lucky :-) It sounds fantastic and I am really looking forward to learning how to get the best out of it. However, I made the mistake of unboxing everything and not paying attention as to which cable came from which box and the cables were not labelled.

There are 3 cables

* The long soft cable marked RJS ELEC - AWG18 - 41/0.16 - 0.824mm ...  I assumed is the speaker cable. Is that correct ?

* A short thinner cable marked Marshall PVC 0.34 SQmm X 2cores Wonderful VN (LF)... I assumed is for the 4 way footswitch. Is that correct?

* A long thinner hard PVC unmarked cable ..... I assumed is to connect the guitar. Is that correct ?

Using the cables connected as above, when I switched the amp to 'ON' I had an unpleasant buzz/hum. I discovered that the volume of hum was completely dependent on the volume control knob on the guitar. Turn it to zero and the hum disappears, turn it to 10 and the hum is very unpleasant.

I tried swapping the un-marked cable for a guitar cable that I already own (braded yellow) and the hum ALMOST disappeared even with the guitar at full volume.

1) Did I correctly guess the correct cables for the Amp, Footswitch and guitar ?

2) If I did guess correctly then why would using the cable supplied for the guitar create such a loud hum and is there anything I can do to resolve this issue completley?

Thanks in advance

Richard

asked 25 Oct 2018 at 09:42 PM

Richard Ward

votes

answers

views

Hey Marshall Forum!

About a year ago I bought my first ever Marshall amplifier; the Silver Jubilee 100W head (with 4x12 cab).
Since I use it mostly at home, I haven't cranked the volume all that much. But when I do, I notice a loud humming noise.

Today I turned the amp on, without having the guitar cable attached to it, cranked up the Master volume (with 0 gain!) and it hummed like crazy. 
What could be the source of the humming?? And more importantly, how can I get rid of this awful humming? 

The only cables that were attached were the footswitch, FX in/out and the power cable. 

asked 24 Oct 2018 at 05:58 PM

Jarnick Hulzebos

votes

answers

views

Hi all

Requesting any help for amp settings, I want to break free - Brian May Guitar Solo. I know the Solo was played on a Synthesizer but Brian also plays that solo on his guitar. Does anyone have CODE 50 settings that comes close to this Solo sound?

Regards

asked 01 May 2018 at 08:55 AM

Riaan Swart

votes

answers

views

Hi

Ive heard to get best sound out of my amp to get it off the floor. Would a stand really improve the sound, which i love anyway!

asked 08 Feb 2018 at 08:42 PM

martin jones

votes

answers

views

Hi,

i wanna know why i always get a high tone that is disturbing me. How can i fix this through preset changes.

Thanks for help

asked 30 Dec 2017 at 02:49 PM

Maxi Hofmann

vote

answers

views

Hello guitar players,

today I got my new Code 100 head and connected it with my 2x12 speaker 1936 from marshall. I tried the presets and they sound very cool but the sound is in my opinion a little bit to muffled and not clear enough.

So I kicked out the cabinet in the settings and then the sound is very clear and cool for me. But whats exactly the sense of the cab when it sounds not good in my opinion. Do I really need them?

Thanks for your answers! :)

asked 10 Oct 2017 at 05:25 PM

Ralf Leitner (1)

votes

answers

views

Hello. I've lately been having difficultys with my MG50DFX Marshall amp. The problem is, is that the input jack will refuse to make a connection unless I hold the quarter inch jack up. I don't know much about amps and I'm hoping this is a simple fix. I've already taken the amp's motherboard out from the cabinet and taken the piece of plastic off of the top of the jack. I've attempted to bend the 2 metal pieces that make a connection to the male jack down, but to no avail. It still refuses to make sound without me holding the wire up; otherwise, it'll just make feedback. Any ideas?

asked 01 Oct 2017 at 09:45 PM

nonya bidnet

vote

answers

views

Hi there !

I've got a problem with my amp. I've bought  Marshall Code 50 about 6 months ago and I'm playing in a band. When I set the sound I like, there's no problem. But when I turn up the Master and I play for more than 20 minutes, the sound become very ugly: No dynamics, no bass, too high... It's like playing with a simulated amp on a computer with a very bad sound card... And I don't know why..

Is anyone has the same problem ?

Thanks a lot !

asked 28 Sep 2017 at 03:12 PM

Thomas Delneste (2)

votes

answers

views

Especially on low strings, low notes.

Worse on neck pickups.

JTM45 especially bad.

Or is it just that my guitars have hotter pickups? Then again, some of my neck pickups aren't that hot and even switched to single-coil, it gets muddy and boomy.

The settings don't really help. Tried changes on all settings... EQ, cabs, preamps, amps, presence, resonance, you name it.

Or is it because I play at room volumes? Still need to try a headphone to see if it's speaker or emulator...

asked 29 Jun 2017 at 02:51 PM

michael s (8)

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone,

I'm very new to the Code 50 amp.  In fact, I only owned one amp before this, and had no effects pedals, so I'm very new to this sort of stuff.

I'm trying to work out the different effects and how they really sound, so my question is this: Do you have suggestions (maybe known songs or bands) that the different presets would sound like?  For example (and this is not accurate, just an example), the Old School preset is similar to what was used in the verses of My Sharona.

Any suggestions from any of you?

Leigh

asked 23 May 2017 at 10:12 AM

Leigh May

votes

answer

views

Getting a fair amount of hum in the FX loop with my DSL 50 head.

It's not the pedals. No problem in front.

Is this a common failure?

Tubes are good, and bias is at about 43mv, and even.

asked 13 Mar 2017 at 04:07 PM

Jeff Williams

votes

answer

views

I've got a Valvestate S80 8240 which has developed a loud hum whether instrument plugged or not.

The hum disappears when it is tilted forward. Can anyone suggest a home fix?

I put up this question before but for some reason it seems to have been deleted!

asked 14 Jan 2017 at 01:21 AM

James McC
Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Loading - please wait...