Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answers

views

Hi everyone,

I've a very similar question to one that has already been asked. 

Is it safe to use the headphone/line out without any speakers connected to the rear on a MG100HDFX head?

Also, when I do use the speakers, do I have to use both speaker outputs at the rear or is using  just one ok?

One more thing, is it safe to use my faulty G80R CD as a speaker cab with my MG1000HDFX, I'll be using nothing like full power, just having fun in my room?

Thank you in advance,

Voxathon.

asked 18 Nov 2020 at 12:55 PM

Vox Athon

votes

answer

views

I just bought a 100h, honestly without doing any research, wich is my bad. After learning they can only be used with CODE cabs I was a bit suprised, but whatever, one can never have too many stacks. Unfortunately after spending hours searching every music site I know, and a couple new ones I found, it seems there are literally none to be found. This leaves me with a new toy that I can't play with, rather frustrating to say the least. Any Ideas anyone??                                                                              Thanks, John M

asked 04 Aug 2020 at 06:34 AM

John Morales

votes

answer

views

I bought a JVM410H as a package deal with a 1936 (2x12). I was thinking of buying either a 1960a or another 1936.

Can both a 1936 cab and a 1960a cab be connected to the JVM410H at the same time?

Would i be better off just buying another 1936?

asked 02 Jan 2020 at 05:19 PM

Dave Moceri

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to play two different tube amp heads at the same time out of one 1960a cab?  Mine has the switch on the back to make the cab run in stereo mode and I was curious if it would be possible to use both inputs for independent heads.  Of course the impedance would have to be matched (8 ohm - 8 ohm), but I have no idea if it would handle the amp load properly or not.  Trying to find out for sure so I can avoid breaking something if it's not possible.

asked 01 Nov 2018 at 03:35 PM

Ethan Kiefer

votes

answer

views

Hi. By mistake, I think I hooked up my 100 watt JCM 800 head to my 1960B 4x12 cab on mono with two cables. It's only recently that I figured out the right way to connect them. That's by plugging  one end to the 16 ohm output of my amp head since it's set to 16 ohms and the other end of the cable to the 16 ohms input on the right side of my cab. Will my stupidity affect the functioning of my amp head for the worst? It seems to sound and function fine now though. Thank you in advance.

asked 27 Apr 2018 at 07:30 AM

Calvin Austin

vote

answer

views

Hi,

I own a DSL20HR amp and I'd like to connect two 1x12 speaker cabinets to the amp simultaneously. Both cabinets are Marshall 1912 cabinets (1x12", 8ohm speaker). There are three speaker cabinet output jack sockets in DSL20HR:

one 1 x 16 OHM socket to connect a single 16ohm speaker cabinet, and

two 1x16 OHM sockets to connect two 16ohm speaker cabinets simultaneously or to connect a single 8 Ohm speaker cabinet to either one of these sockets.

How do I connect two 8ohm cabinets to this amp? I'd like to connect these cabs in series to have 16ohms in result, but the cabs don't have sockets for connecting them in series. There is only one input in 1912 cab. And if I find a device to connect this two amps in series, do I then connect the first cab's input cable to the DSL20HRs single 1x16 OHM input (the first input option)? Is this safe? The manual doesn't say anything about connecting cabinets in series.

Thank you! The new amp is great btw!

asked 17 Feb 2018 at 10:27 AM

Matias Voutilainen (1)

votes

answer

views

I understand that there is no `B' cab for the 1960TV, however, are there any options regarding Marshall making a compatible `B' cab - even if a custom build?

Many thanks

asked 01 Jun 2017 at 11:10 AM

Ian Lewis
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...