Questions
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

votes

answer

views

Hi, I just want to make sure I've got this straight. I want to run my amp through my external attenuator(weber mini mass) and then into an 8 ohm external cabinet.

1a) Amp (8 ohm out)->attenuator(set for 8 0hms)->to external cabinet(1x12 with 8 ohm speaker) Is this correct?

1b) In the above scenario, if I want to run through the 8 ohm cab alone do I have to disconnect the onboard 16 ohm speaker? 

2) If the external attenuator is not connected, can I run the amp through the 16 ohm combo speaker and the 8 ohm ext cab at the same time? Or is it either/or?

Thanks

edited 09 Oct 2020 at 01:08 PM

Pete Monette

asked 08 Oct 2020 at 07:17 PM

Pete Monette

votes

answers

views

Hi, 3 question:

1) I'm Italian and I just purchased on ebay a brend new DSL40Cr from a UK shop. I was wondering if the ampli still works at 220V - 50 Hz as per manual, regardeless the fact it comes from UK, and if will arrive with power calbe schuko plug or UK plug. In this case may I use an adaptor male shuko/female UK ?

2) I would like to know if I can use an external speaker as additional together with the internal Speaker, for example the internal 16 Ohm speaker + an external 8 Ohm speacker connected obviously at right socket.

3) in case of use of one external speaker (e.g. 8 Ohm ) which one I should connect of the two socket where is labeled down "1 x 8 OHM - 2 x 16 OHM" ? is it indifferent, the one to the left or the right ?

update for the question n.2: maybe I figure out how it has to be done: unplug the internal speacker from 16 OHM socket and plug it into the 8 OHM speacker. plug a 16 OHM external cabinet into the other 8 OHM Speacker socket. otherwise only configuration showed on manual are allowed. Is that correct?

thank you

edited 15 Jan 2019 at 01:35 PM

Roberto ACErob71

asked 15 Jan 2019 at 01:06 PM

Roberto ACErob71

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with impendances and I'm trying to add a monitor speaker to my amp. As mentioned in the title, I'm using Marshall DSL40C combo, and in order to send my signal to my drummer on gigs I need to connect it to an active speaker (Behringer B12D - 8ohms). Currently I have stock speaker in the amp (70/80, 16ohms) but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different.

My question is - what would be the optimal combination (ohm wise) that would work without any danger to the amp? Can I put in the amp 8ohm speaker (amp speaker) in the first 8ohm output and the Behringer monitor on the other, or do I have to use 16ohm speaker (and what output is better to put it in) with the active monitor (changing the monitor is not an option unfortunately)?

Hope I didn't complicate the question too much!

Thanks!

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 10:06 AM

Mislav Marusic

votes

answer

views

Hello, Experienced Ones, I need some guidance...Recently I was able to purchase a 212C extension cab for the 410 combo...This is a big upgrade for me and I don't know anything(it seems)...What is the proper way to connect the 212 to the 410? The 212C has 2x12's...I see the possible cab connectors in the back of the combo and I definitely don't want to choose the wrong one...Just had the 410 re-tubed and biased...Help, Please!!! Thanks!!!

asked 20 May 2018 at 04:26 AM

Vincent McCauley

votes

answers

views

Rarely use external cabs - but want to use the combo's 16ohm speaker and an 8ohm one from open-back  cab just to see how it rolls.   

Any ideas?

Thanks.

edited 14 Jul 2017 at 06:43 PM

Jeff Peek

asked 14 Jul 2017 at 06:42 PM

Jeff Peek
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Loading - please wait...