Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

vote

answer

views

I have tried using a Boss DD-3 in the effects loop but I can hear a significant drop in volume and tone when the loop is engaged. If I remove the pedal and just have a patch cable going from the send to return, there is no volume or tone loss when the loop is engaged. If I move the DD-3 to the front of the amp there is also no volume or tone loss. Why can't I use this pedal in the effects loop?

edited 30 Mar 2021 at 11:57 PM

Chris Rossi (1)

asked 30 Mar 2021 at 11:55 PM

Chris Rossi (1)

votes

answer

views

Hey 

I noticed this a few days ago. When i plug in my 2525H head and run the overdrive channel, there is a very strong loud (sounds like) electrical noise. It goes away when i remove the pedals hooked up into the loop. 

Now i run a couple of EQ's, mxr 10band eqs on 18v power and a DD7 delay pedal in the loop. I have checked each pedal individually and also changed the cables used and it doesnt go away. 

I also checked if its a power supply issue, i run a t rex fuel tank chameleon that powers all my pedals, the 18v jack i have used a daisy chain to hook up 3 pedals, a Fulltone OCD, and the 2 eq pedals, i checked the power draw on each and it is wayy within the required power that is given out of that 18v socket. 

Please help, this is recent, i never had this problem before. I've gigged with this amp on a few occassions too, noithing was noticeable, and with this issue its very noticeable on low volumes as well. 

asked 06 Sep 2018 at 06:16 PM

Shashvat Pandit

votes

answer

views

Tried out the effects loop over the weekend and whether I run one pedal through it, or loads, tried different cables, power supply or battery, the loop adds a high pitched whine to the sound, which makes it pretty unusable.

I'm going to re-try a load of things, again different pedals, batteries and cables, but do Marshall have any suggestions?

Also is there a way to change the level/mix of the effects loop, or is it fixed?

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:40 AM

Ian Watts

votes

answer

views

I got a 1993 50 watt JCM 900 SL-X.  It works great except for that fact that there is no sound when FX loop is not being used.  I currently keep a cable in the loop and it plays fine.  Some people would recommend to do that any ways to improve the tone.  However, I want my amp to be in proper working condition.  Does anybody have any advice about what could be causing this?  I am not qualified to do serious amp work, but could this be something minor enough that an unskilled person can fix it on their own?

asked 11 Apr 2018 at 06:43 PM

Justin Coleman

votes

answers

views

I recently got a nice delay pedal and I'm trying to figure out where to place it where it would sound best with the amp (JVM 410C). Thanks!

asked 23 Feb 2018 at 12:12 PM

Vincent McCauley

votes

answers

views

Is it possible to mod a Marshall Code 50 amp to add an effects loop that allows for running external effects through the power amp stage and bypassing the preamp stage? That is my main complaint of this amp- no effects loop.

asked 27 Sep 2017 at 03:35 PM

George Ferrell

votes

answers

views

My DSL401 has just started to intermittently volume drop i.e. the volume gently fades down to nothing - leave it a while, and the volume returns to normal.  Also, the effects loop doesn't seem to work as it used to - for example, if I plug a delay in to it, the delay is hardly noticeable when you play.  Not sure if the issues are related or not.  I've not had any issues at all over the last 12 years and the tubes have not been swapped out.  Grateful for any advice.  Thanks in advance.

asked 27 Jul 2017 at 07:44 PM

Steve Bygrave
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...