Questions
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

votes

answers

views

I am about to purchase a Code 100 Head , all I have is a 4ohm 212 Cab. Is this okay to do. I know offically it is not, but for tube amps I've heard this is fine to do.

asked 26 Dec 2018 at 08:46 PM

Thomas Loughlin

votes

answers

views

This is not a question but a response to those who have asked if there is a way to reduce the output wattage on Code amps to make them quieter. The short answer is no, not out of the box.

However, the speaker(s) that come with Code amps are 4 ohm. In the case of the Code 25, you can swap it out for a Celestion G10N-40 10" 8 ohm speaker (about $70 on Amazon) and reduce the output from 25 watts to 12.5 watts due to the change from 4 ohms to 8 ohms. Instead of running the master volume at < 1 when I'm jamming with my stereo, I can now run it at about 3. The added bonus is better sound - you hear the distortion from the amp itself with less mud and distortion from the speaker. This will not harm the amp in any way as driving an 8 ohm load requires less of an amp than a 4 ohm load.

Full disclosure, this was not my idea. I read about this from another Code 25 owner. Enjoy!

asked 07 May 2018 at 07:35 PM

Bozo Clown (2)
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
Loading - please wait...