I seem to be having the same issues that a lot of people have reported, where I cannot get the Marshall Gateway app to connect to my Code 25. I've only had the amp for about a week and I cannot get the app to see it. ?
I can connect to the amp via Bluetooth using my phone (Pixel 3a, Android 11) and whilst connected, can use it as a BT speaker to play music from Spotify. However, nothing I do seems to get the app to connect to the amplifier.
-I've updated the amp to the latest firmware using my laptop/web browser.
-I've followed all the instructions in the Bluetooth Connectivity Troubleshooter to the letter (CODE - Gateway Bluetooth Connection Troubleshooting - my.marshall.com)
No matter what I do, or what order I install/uninstall/connect, the app will not see the amplifier. Everything works otherwise - I'm able to apply Patches from ? using a USB connection - and the amp sounds great. I'd just like to be able to control it from my phone.
I have a xiaomi redmi note 8 and also have a problem connecting the marshall gateway app to the amp code50.
I can only be connected as if I were listening to music, I even tried to connect it with an otg adapter, it works like that, but there are a lot of problems with braking the application? Please if it is possible to solve this problem.
And if I tried all variants except one, and that is to uninstall every marshall application to amplify my Marshall Code 50 Firmware 1.4.4 recognize bluetooth connection from which I can control my installed Gateway 1.5.5 of course not just music to listen to But that I have complete control and whether maybe the problem is that the usb is included in my computer, whether to turn it off because I registered everything else. If anyone can answer all these questions I will be grateful.
Here are a few things I would suggest as improvements to the Marshall Code series. I have a 25 so some things may be specific to that amp. I have stuck to things that could be improved only by software or firmware as these are improvements everyone can have simply by updating the firmware rather than modifying the amp itself.
1. Reduced power mode to switch between full power and lower power mode. This would fix the volume control issue everyone complains about. Maybe this could be a global setting in the firmware ?
2. USB audio Volume level setting (e.g. -3dB, 0dB, +3dB etc). This could also be a global setting in the firmware ?
2. Normalise the volumes of the models, some are way too hot (British class A power-amp), some are way too low (Natural pre-amp). I beleive this is the reason why some models have strange low frequency distortion (50s British, OD DSL).
3. Show the configuration of the Cab models, not everyone is a Marshall fanboy and I have no idea what cab a "1960X". even if it was displayed as "1960X (4x12)" I would at least know what the configuration of cab the model is.
4. Fix the spring and hall reverbs, they sound very cheap, like the "echo" you would get on a cheap karaoke machine, certainly nothing like a spring reverb.
5. For god's sake release an official desktop editor!!! with the option to save/restore/edit patches.
6. A sync button to sync the amp presets with your gateway. It you want to rearage the patches online in gateway, you have to manually save all the patches one at a time to the amp using the phone app. So if you add a new patch at position 0, you have to manually save all 100 patches one at a time in order to match your gateway sounds!
7. Fix the tuner, it is pretty bad on both the amp and the app. It's slow to respond and not very accurate (at least thats what its like on mine). Ive no idea how well it works on the foot controller.
8. If possible add a Fuzz pedal model, even at the expense of removing another model (I wouldnt miss the pretty poor Acoustic simulator for instance).
These are just some suggestions that I feel would make the amp just a little bit better, but in general I'm having a lot of fun with this little amp, and love the sounds and features it has. It is way better sounding than some of the negative reviews online would suggest.
Maybe other people can suggest firmware updates too?
1) Bought Code new, when released, USB port was loose and wont connect. Cant do Firmware or recording via USB. How to get service?
got at Guitar Center San Mateo Ca. When first released, hadn't ever really used USB, but realizzed it is messed up, like port is disconnected or broken. USB is wiggles and no connection.
2) Cant get Gateway to Recognize tye Amp while BT stream audio okay. tried all steps from this site cleared phone and cache, removed and reinstalled, no diifference. Multiple versions of Android. 5 to 8.
I am experiencing terrible interference when trying to use my Code 50 via Bluetooth / Gateway (Apple) App while recording on my Mac in Logic Pro X. I am using a microphone to record the Code 50 and using the Bluetooth Movies series world to change patches. The clicks/pops/noise/interference is loud enough to interfere with the recording process. Perhaps a DESKTOP (Apple) Gateway App via Code USB might be a solution for all users experiencing similar issues? I am running the most current Firmware. Any current solution to my noise issues?
I am experiencing terrible interference when trying to use my Code 50 via Bluetooth / Gateway (Apple) App while recording on my Mac in Logic Pro X. I am using a microphone to record the Code 50 and using the Bluetooth to change patches. The clicks/pops/noise/interference is loud enough to interfere with the recording process. Perhaps a DESKTOP (Apple) Gateway App via Code USB might be a solution for all users experiencing similar issues? I am running the most current Firmware. Any current solution to my noise issues? Thank you.