Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answer

views

My 1974x amp is quiet when nothing is plugged into it, but as soon as I plug my intrument cable into the non-tremolo channel, I get this awful cyclic noise.  Does anyone know what to do?   I replaced the ECC83 tubes one by one (testing it between each tube replacement), but it didn't fix the problem.

Here's a video of my problem.

https://youtu.be/lN_lhUAu7jA

asked 19 Dec 2019 at 11:10 PM

Brandon Isaak

votes

answers

views

Dear,

I have a new Marshall DSL1CR and it make a popping noise when changing channels from the Ultra gain to Classic gain while playing.

If I mute the guitar, or changing channels from the Classic gain to Ultra gain or using the emulated out there is no pop.

There is same noise when switching off it.

Is it normal or somethings wrong with my combo?

Thanks & best regards.

asked 16 Nov 2019 at 02:29 PM

József Szekeres

votes

answer

views

I recently got myself a Marshall Valvestate 8100 head, which sounds amazing for a hybrid amplifier. Now there is one problem with the amp, and that is that there is a low buzzing sound when I turn it on. It does not get louder when I turn up the volume or gain, and it doesn't disappear when I switch channels, which means that it can't be the pre amp tube that causes the problem. I don't use a grounded power socket, but my other amp (an Orange Tiny Terror) doesn't hum so I don't think there is a problem power wise. My guess is a bad soldering joint somewhere in the amp, but I have no idea where to start looking. Is there someone who can tell me how to get rid of the buzzing? And how do I identify a bad soldering joint?

Cheers, 
Brian

asked 29 Apr 2018 at 08:07 PM

Brian Legdeur
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...