Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

votes

answer

views

Hi, so there's a high pitch whining sound coming from my amp both with and without the guitar plugged inI believe it started around when I first tried the in-built bluetooth feature and think this is the reason for my troubles. The whine starts at 10% on the master volume knob and progressively gets louder as you crank it up

When I tick the 'share audio' button on  my phone, the whining stops, and is replaced by a very managable amount of noise. 

I've already done a factory reset to try and disable bluetooth but the whine is unchanged and bluetooth is still on. I've also tried disabling all bluetooth devices nearby, shutting off my pc, taking away my phones and switching wall sockets (although I haven't tried outside my room yet).

Is there any way to disable bluetooth on the CODE 50? Or maybe I can take it apart and remove the transmitter myself.

Here's a demonstration of me turning on the amp and moving the mic closer (Master volume at 100%)

edited 26 Feb 2021 at 04:48 PM

Vilnis 373

asked 26 Feb 2021 at 04:43 PM

Vilnis 373

votes

answers

views

I noticed my Marshall Code  25 makes a hissing noise when I play through any of the clean amp models. This hissing noise is clearly audible when I play a note on the low E string. It reminds me of an old cassette tape. This is especially apparent with the cab emulation switched off. On the higher strings there is no problem. Is this normal? The hiss doesn't go away with the noise gate turned on.  I have this problem with both firmware versions 1.44 and 1.45. 

asked 22 Feb 2021 at 03:09 PM

Stefan Kolev (1)

votes

answer

views

After about 3 months of very light usage (home use, ~20 hours), my Code 50 developed a harsh noise problem: https://youtu.be/S2cTK8fsfTE. It's on every preset and can be heard via the speaker and when using headphones. I tried using different guitars/cables/power cords/rooms/outlets, reloading firmware, and resetting the presets to factory default; but the noise continues.  Anything else I can try before I return it for replacement/warranty work?

edited 16 Mar 2020 at 12:40 AM

Jerry Stromberg

asked 15 Mar 2020 at 10:32 PM

Jerry Stromberg

vote

answer

views

I too am bugged by the constant high frequency whine coming from my Code 50's power section. It has nothing to do with the preamp or patch, but rather the level of the power amp output. It is rather high frequency and constant, and varies a bit when you move your head. But the problem does exist, and it sounds like some high frequencies are not being fitered well by the Code 50 & 100 power supplies or output section. A number of users have now complained about this problem. I have a solid background in electronics and am not a flake! I'm an LA studio musician and this noise is not good for professional recording. I'm hoping it is something that is easily fixable, because I love the sounds I'm getting from this amp.

asked 11 May 2019 at 11:44 PM

Hadley Hockensmith (1)

vote

answer

views

I've noticed that my amp makes a fizz noise in any volume even without any cables pluged in.

Another people here already complain about this issue, it seems like a design problem.

Is there a way to solve that?

Thank you.

asked 03 Oct 2018 at 02:19 PM

keith sarate (1)

votes

answer

views

Does anybody else have a noise issue after an update on the firmware?

My Marshall code 50 was dead quiet until I have made an update on the firmware. 

asked 11 Aug 2018 at 11:56 AM

JJ Jung

votes

answer

views

Hi, i have a Marshall Code 50. I tried to record with usb input but there is a lot of noise (interference) every 10-15-20 seconds (random).

I have high quality cable and a yamaha RGX A2. With the oldest firmware version it was noisier, now with the v1.41 is better but how can I fix?

Any suggestions?

Sorry for my english.

Thank you.

asked 01 Jun 2018 at 07:04 PM

edoardo bertilaccio

votes

answers

views

My new CODE-100 2x12 has a prominent digital fizz noise it also crackles, very unpleasant specially when you use tremolo, chorus, delays.

Very noticeable on the decay of the notes, decay of notes crackles.

When you play the low E string unfretted it makes a buzzing noise, this is difficult to forgive in any amp.

Are you guys at Marshall aware of this? should I return the amp?

Thank you.

edited 04 Oct 2017 at 03:08 AM

Jorge Liguori (5)

asked 04 Oct 2017 at 02:31 AM

Jorge Liguori (5)
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...