Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answers

views

Hi. I just bought Marshall 1959 HW and it's constantly humming when it's on. I have Wizard Modern Classic Amp and ENGL Powerball 2 and they don't hum like that when ON. Is it normal? Also when I strum a chord very loud mechanical noise going out of the back. Check the video I shot to hear how both issues sound:

asked 30 Jan 2020 at 04:15 AM

Andrew Zelenokhat

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

votes

answer

views

I recently got myself a Marshall Valvestate 8100 head, which sounds amazing for a hybrid amplifier. Now there is one problem with the amp, and that is that there is a low buzzing sound when I turn it on. It does not get louder when I turn up the volume or gain, and it doesn't disappear when I switch channels, which means that it can't be the pre amp tube that causes the problem. I don't use a grounded power socket, but my other amp (an Orange Tiny Terror) doesn't hum so I don't think there is a problem power wise. My guess is a bad soldering joint somewhere in the amp, but I have no idea where to start looking. Is there someone who can tell me how to get rid of the buzzing? And how do I identify a bad soldering joint?

Cheers, 
Brian

asked 29 Apr 2018 at 08:07 PM

Brian Legdeur
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...