Questions
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

votes

answer

views

My 1974x amp is quiet when nothing is plugged into it, but as soon as I plug my intrument cable into the non-tremolo channel, I get this awful cyclic noise.  Does anyone know what to do?   I replaced the ECC83 tubes one by one (testing it between each tube replacement), but it didn't fix the problem.

Here's a video of my problem.

https://youtu.be/lN_lhUAu7jA

asked 19 Dec 2019 at 11:10 PM

Brandon Isaak

votes

answers

views

Dear,

I have a new Marshall DSL1CR and it make a popping noise when changing channels from the Ultra gain to Classic gain while playing.

If I mute the guitar, or changing channels from the Classic gain to Ultra gain or using the emulated out there is no pop.

There is same noise when switching off it.

Is it normal or somethings wrong with my combo?

Thanks & best regards.

asked 16 Nov 2019 at 02:29 PM

József Szekeres

votes

answer

views

Hi there, guys 

I’m new to the forum and new to valve amps. In fact, I’ve just purchased my first valve amp: a brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue.

Running through a 1960av and a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator and it sounds awesome - except for these damn so called ghost notes (just learned about them) that only happen when I set the master volume at higher values (above 6.5 or 7). It also only seems audible in higher pitches around the 12 fret.

Reading a lot about filter caps and stuff. But it’s a brand new amp and I still have warranty. So that’s not the case for trying to fix it myself.

My question is: should I assume it’s “normal” and keep my amp? If that’s the case, how can I crank it (and get that  beautiful power section overdrive) and minimize those annoying ghost notes? Is electric grounding improvement / adding a power filter of any good?

Or you guys think I should go to Marshall assistance and ask for a replacement?

Thank you very much,

Any help appreciated,

asked 15 Jul 2018 at 03:57 PM

Jopa Travassos

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

votes

answer

views

I recently got myself a Marshall Valvestate 8100 head, which sounds amazing for a hybrid amplifier. Now there is one problem with the amp, and that is that there is a low buzzing sound when I turn it on. It does not get louder when I turn up the volume or gain, and it doesn't disappear when I switch channels, which means that it can't be the pre amp tube that causes the problem. I don't use a grounded power socket, but my other amp (an Orange Tiny Terror) doesn't hum so I don't think there is a problem power wise. My guess is a bad soldering joint somewhere in the amp, but I have no idea where to start looking. Is there someone who can tell me how to get rid of the buzzing? And how do I identify a bad soldering joint?

Cheers, 
Brian

asked 29 Apr 2018 at 08:07 PM

Brian Legdeur
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Loading - please wait...