I just got a PEDL 91009 foot controller for my Code25. Impressed with how well it works and how useful it is (considering it connects with a normal guitar cable).
However the documentation for the 91009 is pretty poor and consists of a single sided page in the manual. I have found a few things that I can't find documented and I wonder if anyone else has found anything too.
Firstly, In the manual is says that in switch mode you can assign which blocks can be switched on and of with the three foot switches. This is great but what isn't clear in the manual is that this is universal and not per patch. i.e. if you assign button 3 to switch on the tuner then on every patch button 3 will swich on the tuner. It's the same with the tap tempo. So this means if you want the tuner available and tap tempo, then you can only switch on and off 1 effects module. Not the end of the world, but not clear in the manual. It's a shame there wasn't 2 buttons specifically for these functions.
Secondly. I had to look through this forum to find out how to reset the settings stored in the 91009, maybe it is documented somewhere in the manual. but I couldnt find it.
Thirdly. I discovered that if you are in switch mode (to switch on and off effects blocks in a patch). If you press and hold button 1 to 3 the 91009 changes to the patch stored in that bank position, but remains in switch mode. This means you don't have to come out of switch mode, change to the new patch in that bank and then go back into switch mode. May be useful for some people, but I couldnt find this in any manuals either.
Overall an impressive foot controller (for what it is). Has anyone else found out anying more it can do?
I left the F/S aside for a few days and today when i decided to use it just stoped responding.
The display shows A1 sometimes it twinkles, sometimes dont. But It doenst responds when i press the buttons.
I press ALL the F/S buttons and nothing happens!!!
I didnt drop it or nothing similar, the F/S is kinda new i bought it in June, the F/S conditions is visually intact.
Am i forgetting something?
Things that i've tried already:
- Factory reset my Code 50
- Factory reset my F/S
Marshall CODE 50
I have recently set all my favorite presets to the banks I want. However, when i switch between presets, I get a half second delay and that kills the timing when i click into disortion.
I have one preset for disortion, one for clean, one for solos etc. Its really frustrating, as the whole band swiches to distortion and mine takes half a second to kick in :(.
I have tried a couple of youtube videos that "fix" the issue, but none have worked. Does anyone else have this lag problem??
Anyone know any way to fix this? I'm also using the 91009 4 switch CODE pedal.
The PEDL-91009 Footcontroller for CODE Amplifiers gets confused (i.e., it "locks-up") with a specific Push-Button sequence. While this sequence may not be a "correct" sequence of events, it could be possible to accidently use this specific sequence during a gig which will effectively "lock-up" the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller completely. Once this "lock-up" condition occurs, the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller becomes a useless brick. The only way to rectify this condition is to turn the CODE Amplifier OFF and back ON again. This would not be a good scenario to be in during a live gig.
To duplicate the "lock-up" condition, follow these steps:
1. With the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller plugged into a CODE Amplifier, turn on the AC Power Switch.
2. The PEDL-91009 Footcontroller starts up with A1 (Bank A Location 1) either flashing or steady.
3. Using the fourth Footcontroller push-button, advance the Bank to "D" by momentarily pressing the push-button 3 times.
4. Select preset Location 3 by momentarily pressing the number 3 push-button. All is good.
5. Now you need the preset stored in Location D1 so momentarily depress the number 3 push-button. All is good.
6. Now you need the preset stored in Location D2 so momentarily depress the number 2 push-button. All is good.
NOTE: D2 contains the American Overdrive Reverb preset in Location 10.
7. Now depress and hold push-button 2 until "10" appears. This is the preset's Location within the CODE Amplifier.
8. Momentarily depress the Bank push-button and the display reverts back to "D2".
9. Once again depress and hold push-button 2 until "10" appears.
10. Now momentarily depress push-button 2 again. In the display, a "C" appears which is my Tuning Mode.
11. Now (accidently) momentarily depress the Bank push-button. ***LOCK-UP***
After Step 11, the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller is completely locked-up and can only be gotten out of this situation by cycling AC Power to the CODE Amplifier. While this may be an illegal sequence of events, the firmware should be able to handle this exception without locking-up.
Besides not doing Step 11, is there a way to get out of the locked-up condition from the PEDL-91009 Footcontroller?
Thanks for your time and assistance! Dave