Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

votes

answer

views

Can anyone tell me the correct bias settings for a Marshall TSL602? There is conflicting info out there.

Tthe TSL range have 3 pins under an inspection cover on the back. Some people say that the bias should be set to 40mv between the middle pin and the outer (total 80mv). Others say that it should be 80mv per side.

I’ve had the amp for 18 years and always have it set just short of 80mv, but I never seem to get much life out of my valves – probably half the 1,000 hours you’d expect. And the sound always seems to lack a bit of treble. Whenever I have it serviced, it always seems to come back set at around 80mv per side but it always seems to run a bit hot to me.

Should I be lowering the bias?

Valve settings Bias tsl602

asked 20 Mar 2019 at 11:52 AM

Phil Hitchman

votes

answers

views

I recently bought a new DSL40CR. Great sounding amp! Great tones! I am noticing that the low end sounds a bit flubby. I was reading in some forums that this can be caused by improperly adjusted BIAS. Can anyone direct me as to what the mV for each left and right tubes should be set to?

Tubes Bias

asked 06 Mar 2019 at 06:41 PM

Todd Lampron

votes

answer

views

I have a DSL1CR when replacing pre and power valves does the amplifier need biasing, is it self adjusting? And what would be good replacement valves? 

Valve Bias 1watt DSL1CR ECC83 ECC82

asked 16 Apr 2018 at 08:23 AM

Chris Stamper

votes

answer

views

I need to replace my DSL 100 bias board as the PINS are really loose and I cannot get a good bias reading.

NO, its NOT thermal runaway, the mainboard was replaced a year ago. 
WHERE can I get a replacement bias board here in Australia ????

DSL 100w Head Bias BiasBoard Replacement Parts Australia

asked 22 Oct 2017 at 03:16 AM

Brendan Mac
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...