Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answer

views

Just received my new JCM 800 2203 head with a new vintage 1960 av cabinet. Hooked it up and turned the power on standby. Very noticeable humming sound coming from inside the head. Is this normal? I have a early 90's JCM 900 that never has made any sounds on standby or powered up fully. Can I get some advice before I decide to send it back and go with something else?

thanks much!

asked 14 Dec 2019 at 02:55 PM

Rory Lasee

votes

answer

views

Hi there peeps, 

I have this old JCM 800 2204 which I think is an 1986 model? Anyone who can confirm this?

By the look of the backside of it it seems like the amp has been up for an upgrade but they never got further than the pencil markings B-)

Any response is appreciated

Thanks, 

Christian (from Norway)

asked 17 Jul 2018 at 11:21 AM

Christian Øvrevik

votes

answer

views

Hi there, guys 

I’m new to the forum and new to valve amps. In fact, I’ve just purchased my first valve amp: a brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue.

Running through a 1960av and a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator and it sounds awesome - except for these damn so called ghost notes (just learned about them) that only happen when I set the master volume at higher values (above 6.5 or 7). It also only seems audible in higher pitches around the 12 fret.

Reading a lot about filter caps and stuff. But it’s a brand new amp and I still have warranty. So that’s not the case for trying to fix it myself.

My question is: should I assume it’s “normal” and keep my amp? If that’s the case, how can I crank it (and get that  beautiful power section overdrive) and minimize those annoying ghost notes? Is electric grounding improvement / adding a power filter of any good?

Or you guys think I should go to Marshall assistance and ask for a replacement?

Thank you very much,

Any help appreciated,

asked 15 Jul 2018 at 03:57 PM

Jopa Travassos

votes

answer

views

Hi. By mistake, I think I hooked up my 100 watt JCM 800 head to my 1960B 4x12 cab on mono with two cables. It's only recently that I figured out the right way to connect them. That's by plugging  one end to the 16 ohm output of my amp head since it's set to 16 ohms and the other end of the cable to the 16 ohms input on the right side of my cab. Will my stupidity affect the functioning of my amp head for the worst? It seems to sound and function fine now though. Thank you in advance.

asked 27 Apr 2018 at 07:30 AM

Calvin Austin

votes

answer

views

Which do you think is the best amp attenuator for my Les Paul Traditional+JCM 800 2203+4x12 cabinet. Plz recommend.

asked 25 Apr 2018 at 02:52 PM

Calvin Austin

votes

answer

views

I just pulled out this amp from storage (about 25 years) and tuned it on and no output.   The power light and switch are lit.

However, I did note the T1A fuse is missing and it's screw hood.    Is this the reason why it is not working?

If so, where can I purchase the T1A fuse and hood?

See attached picture.  By the way I did replace the smashed power caple with a new one.  

Thank you for your feedback!!!!

All the best,

Stephen 

asked 17 Feb 2018 at 07:50 PM

Stephen Sinocchi

votes

answer

views

Hello:

I just purchased a Marshall JCM 800 Head and a 1960a cabinet for my office (small space not the best for this set up), but I am very new to marshall amps and heads.

would anyone know which settings on the back of the head to set to?  it is a small space and dont want to mow any down with the volume.  Everytime I switch it off I head a very loud electric 'switch' sound, sort of scary and worries me (dont want to damage the eqipment).  

Any suggestions from anyone.

Thanks so much in advance...

Mark

asked 10 Dec 2017 at 04:50 PM

Mark Scharff
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...