Questions
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15

votes

answers

views

I'm trying to hook the DI out from an Origin 20c amp to a Mackie Pro FX10 v3 mixer and then to powered speakers. I need the preamp channels on the mixer for mics so I want to plug the DI out to the line input on the mixer withou a gain control, it accepts both balanced and unbalanced. The result is a very weak signal compared to the mics. I'm using a TS cable because that's what Marshall says the DI out takes. Some more ther observations. 
The attenuation effects the output, the strongest signal is with the amp on the high setting. 
The master volume on the amp effects the signal strength. 
If I max the main out and the channel level on the mixer, set the amp on high, and set the master on the amp past 12 o'clock I get a decent signal but that makes balancing between the mics and other instruments difficult and also complicates stage volume.  
Is the DI out on the 20c -10dBV or +4dBV?  Would a Line Level Shifter fix this? Any other advise would help. 

asked 12 Jul 2021 at 01:12 AM

John Bernick

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I just bought an Origin 20C Combo. Even if there is a power level switch, I would like to have sometime a total silent practice. Is it possible to unplug the speaker and to just plug in an Headphone in the DI out ? I know it is not the best solution but I would not like to buy other tools.

Thanks for your answer

asked 27 Jan 2021 at 04:21 PM

Guillaume THEVENET

votes

answers

views

Hello,

I am having trouble confirming if a speaker must be connected in order to use the D.I out on my Marshall 2525h. The manual only contains one sentence of information which doesn't provide enough clarification considering this can destroy an amplifier if misunderstood.

Would I have to connect my 2525h  to a 1x12 cab (via 1x8 ohm connection) in order to use the D.I output? This signal from DI would be sent to a Two-notes C.A.B.M for Impulse response, before going straight into the audio interface?

asked 02 Jan 2021 at 06:19 AM

Mitchell Morabito

votes

answer

views

Does the DI out of the Marshall Origin has cabsim or not?

Would like to know! 

Thanks

asked 16 Dec 2020 at 05:41 PM

Jeroen van Rijn

votes

answer

views

Hi - never having used a DI out before, being reasonably new to home recording and not wanting blow up a newly purchased SC20H, the question is - can I just run an instrument cable (or speaker cable ?) from the DI Out on the back of my SC20H straight into the Mic/Instrument inputs of my audio interface (Presonus Aidiobox  USB) ? I dont have a cab for the head yet and want to start using it this way until I get a cab. Thanks in advance.

asked 12 Nov 2020 at 11:00 AM

Aaron Pritchard

votes

answer

views

Hello! Could I link the DI out of ori50h with an active speaker? Thanks

asked 13 Sep 2020 at 08:42 AM

marco de cristofaro

votes

answer

views

hello, I own a marshall origin 50 h. Can I use  the DI out without matching the amplifier with a speaker?  Thanks

asked 23 Jul 2020 at 08:24 AM

marco de cristofaro

votes

answer

views

Hello,

The manual is very sparse about this. Could you please clearly outline the steps needed to safely operate Origin 20H with no speaker connected when using DI out for recording?

Is the DI out mono unbalanced or "stereo" balanced jack socket?

Regards 

Marek 

asked 30 Mar 2020 at 11:14 AM

Marek Siwczak (1)

votes

answer

views

Does disconnecting the speaker disable the power section?

I've seen in other answers that you can disconnect the internal speaker in the DSL1CR combo, and use the emulated out.

However, is it necessary to have the emulated out connected? Can I use the effects send instead (to get just the preamp output)?

I'm worried about stressing the power section from it not having any load, but if disconnecting the speaker disables the power section this should be fine, right?

asked 26 Feb 2020 at 02:19 PM

Daniel Gonzalez

votes

answers

views

Hi,

guessing my asking this as a comment on another post got it lost.

can you explain how to use the DI please? Do I disconnect the speaker? Is the output line level? Does the powerstem have any effect?

new to having valves, like the amp but really would like this clarified.

ali

asked 20 Feb 2020 at 04:47 PM

Alistair James

votes

answer

views

Hi, I have a question about the Studio Series SV20H and SC20H DI OUT

The user manual say the DI OUT have emulation, but in both of your official product video on youtube (for SC20H and SV20H), Steve say the DI OUT is NOT emulated so it's perfect to use with our own Impulse response...

So who is right, the user manual or Marshall official product video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvuQPnqMktc   at 2min43 he talk about the DI OUT and he say same for the video for the SC20H

Thanks in advance!

Stephane

asked 01 May 2019 at 05:29 AM

Stephane Ouellette

votes

answers

views

Does the headphone jack bypass the speaker output or does it still need an 8 ohm load?  If so, can a dummy load be used?  I have a 1960a for my DSL, but this is going in a DI rig I'm building for side gigs specifically so I don't have to carry all that heavy noise.  I know you can't recommend something if it voids the warranty, that's fine.  I'm ripping it out of the cabinet and mounting it to a rack blank so it will be void anyway, I just want to know if it's going to be okay longer term using it like that.  I do have some PC fans I'm going to work into the rack somehow on a different power supply.  Probably one or two for the head internals and one specifically for the heat sink on my dummy load.  Just to be clear, I'm not asking if Marshall approves of this, I'm just asking if it will work in theory.  If that's a no go, then next question: could I use any speaker rated for 100w at 8 ohms or is there a specific type I would need?  Like, if I found a 6" 100w 8ohm speaker that I could just hide in the rack without adding a bunch of weight, that would also be choice.   If the answer to both of those is no, then whom do I need to speak with to get Marshall to make a rack mounted, no cab required version of this head?!

Thanks!

asked 17 Apr 2019 at 10:30 PM

Justin Pate

votes

answer

views

I would like to know more about the 2525C MiniJubilee DI OUTPUT

Is it located after the preamp section or completely at the end, after the power amp?

Will I get the sound of the whole amp (minus the speaker) if I use the DI to record my amp?  I plan to use that signal with impulse responses in my home studio.

Thanks

asked 02 Feb 2019 at 03:29 AM

Stephane Ouellette

vote

answer

views

Like the title says - I'm wondering if its possible / safe to run the Origin 50 head with the DI connected to a recording device and not connected to a traditional speaker load.

Thanks

asked 14 Dec 2018 at 08:56 AM

Tom LeBlanc (1)

votes

answer

views

Dear Marshall,

I have the Marshall AS50D.

Can i use the line out jack to connect a wired headphone to it so i can use that as in-ear monitoring? Or will it blow up my headphones, my ears and my head?

Could i use the D.I. Out to connect a device like the Fischer Amps mini body pack, so i can plug my headphone into the Fischer Amps mini body pack and thus have a volume knob close at hand? Link: http://fischer-amps.de/en/in-ear-monitoring/mini-body-pack-xlr-oder-klinken-eingang.html

Or does Marshall have it's own solution for this?

I use the Marshall AS50D to sing and accompany myself with the guitar. When i have a gig in a restaurant they want me to play silently (lol) but then i have trouble hearing myself because of the ambient noise and i start singing out of pitch which is like a weapon of mass destruction.

But i can't say: stop talking, stop eating and stop using your cutlery, because, well you know, it's a restaurant and all that. So therefore i need an in ear solution. Preferably wired because wireless is too expensive and not necessary too, since i'm not allowed to stagedive in a restaurant (anymore).

Best regards,
Johan

asked 28 Dec 2017 at 07:09 AM

johan waaldijk
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Loading - please wait...