Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

votes

answers

views

I am about to purchase a Code 100 Head , all I have is a 4ohm 212 Cab. Is this okay to do. I know offically it is not, but for tube amps I've heard this is fine to do.

asked 26 Dec 2018 at 08:46 PM

Thomas Loughlin

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with impendances and I'm trying to add a monitor speaker to my amp. As mentioned in the title, I'm using Marshall DSL40C combo, and in order to send my signal to my drummer on gigs I need to connect it to an active speaker (Behringer B12D - 8ohms). Currently I have stock speaker in the amp (70/80, 16ohms) but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different.

My question is - what would be the optimal combination (ohm wise) that would work without any danger to the amp? Can I put in the amp 8ohm speaker (amp speaker) in the first 8ohm output and the Behringer monitor on the other, or do I have to use 16ohm speaker (and what output is better to put it in) with the active monitor (changing the monitor is not an option unfortunately)?

Hope I didn't complicate the question too much!

Thanks!

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 10:06 AM

Mislav Marusic

votes

answer

views

I have an Axe Trak insulated speaker (here is a link to info on the speaker) www.axetrak.com/guitarmanual.pdf

When I have run it from the Marshall it has cut out after playing for a while, I have turned off the amp and then the following day used the amp with its built in 12" speaker and it has been fine. When i read the JTM 60 manual it said it is fine to drive a 8ohm from the external speaker output ONLY, not the internal out connection.

Is this OK? when things cut out it makes me worry about my Marshall and I really don't want to cause it any damage.... Also I have checked the speaker lead and that is all good, when it cut out it the sound broke up and faded in about 1 second. It is the 2nd time is has happened so i thought I best get some advice. The Axe Trak is great and means i can play a valve amp and get valve amp tone and not disturb my neighbours, it is a great bit of kit for home recording and I want/need to be able to use it. Any advice?

Thanks, Robin..

edited 16 Jun 2018 at 12:48 AM

Robin Brown

asked 16 Jun 2018 at 12:36 AM

Robin Brown

vote

answer

views

Hi,

I own a DSL20HR amp and I'd like to connect two 1x12 speaker cabinets to the amp simultaneously. Both cabinets are Marshall 1912 cabinets (1x12", 8ohm speaker). There are three speaker cabinet output jack sockets in DSL20HR:

one 1 x 16 OHM socket to connect a single 16ohm speaker cabinet, and

two 1x16 OHM sockets to connect two 16ohm speaker cabinets simultaneously or to connect a single 8 Ohm speaker cabinet to either one of these sockets.

How do I connect two 8ohm cabinets to this amp? I'd like to connect these cabs in series to have 16ohms in result, but the cabs don't have sockets for connecting them in series. There is only one input in 1912 cab. And if I find a device to connect this two amps in series, do I then connect the first cab's input cable to the DSL20HRs single 1x16 OHM input (the first input option)? Is this safe? The manual doesn't say anything about connecting cabinets in series.

Thank you! The new amp is great btw!

asked 17 Feb 2018 at 10:27 AM

Matias Voutilainen (1)
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...