Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

vote

answer

views

I have tried using a Boss DD-3 in the effects loop but I can hear a significant drop in volume and tone when the loop is engaged. If I remove the pedal and just have a patch cable going from the send to return, there is no volume or tone loss when the loop is engaged. If I move the DD-3 to the front of the amp there is also no volume or tone loss. Why can't I use this pedal in the effects loop?

edited 30 Mar 2021 at 11:57 PM

Chris Rossi (1)

asked 30 Mar 2021 at 11:55 PM

Chris Rossi (1)

votes

answer

views

I use DSL20HR with emulated out connection. I have found that two knobs won't do anything: reconance and precence. Is this normal or is my amp broken?

Other EQ knobs working fine.

asked 27 Jun 2020 at 06:31 PM

Mikko Ahmio

votes

answers

views

How do I set up my helix with my amp Head, for a wet dry wet?

asked 07 Mar 2020 at 10:56 AM

Dan Ambrus

votes

answer

views

Hey!

I'm currently looking at getting either the Marshall DSL1H or DSL20H amp head. I know that they both have emulated out's that can be used with headphones, but what I'd like clarified for me is how this would work exactly. I'm not going to be buying a cab for it right away, but would like to be able to still use all the knobs on the amp to sculpt te tones I want and to also control volume levels. Is this something that I can achieve without a cab connected to it? If I need a cab connected to it can I just connect it to a load box? 

Thanks.

asked 26 Apr 2019 at 02:25 PM

Myke Helstein

vote

answers

views

Quite a few people on various forums are concerned about the emulated out of our DSL20H and DSLCR amps. It seems that there is a set level for the emulated line out and headphones which can only be adjusted with either the guitar volume knob of gain channel knob. The channel volume does nothing to the line out/headphones only to the speaker output.

Is this normal behaviour? Where the gain knobs are the only controls on the amp that increases the loudness of headphone/line out. 

asked 28 Oct 2018 at 01:25 AM

Adrian Tysoe (5)

votes

answer

views

I was trying to jam along with youtube so I plugged in my iPad to the "audio in" input of the amp.

Volume of the iPad is cranked to max.

I noticed that the iPad can only be heard when the volume of each channel are turned up.

Problem is, especially in Ultra Gain Channel, the iPad will not be heard until the volume of the channel is set to pretty high (pass 9 o'clock), meanwhile, my guitar sound will be very LOUD that will cover the jamming track and also cause serious air to my neighbour (basically I only hear my guitar and cannot hear the iPad which is connected to the amp throught the "audio in" input).

Solution to the above is very much appreciated.

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 08:22 AM

BS Lee

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

vote

answer

views

Hi,

I own a DSL20HR amp and I'd like to connect two 1x12 speaker cabinets to the amp simultaneously. Both cabinets are Marshall 1912 cabinets (1x12", 8ohm speaker). There are three speaker cabinet output jack sockets in DSL20HR:

one 1 x 16 OHM socket to connect a single 16ohm speaker cabinet, and

two 1x16 OHM sockets to connect two 16ohm speaker cabinets simultaneously or to connect a single 8 Ohm speaker cabinet to either one of these sockets.

How do I connect two 8ohm cabinets to this amp? I'd like to connect these cabs in series to have 16ohms in result, but the cabs don't have sockets for connecting them in series. There is only one input in 1912 cab. And if I find a device to connect this two amps in series, do I then connect the first cab's input cable to the DSL20HRs single 1x16 OHM input (the first input option)? Is this safe? The manual doesn't say anything about connecting cabinets in series.

Thank you! The new amp is great btw!

asked 17 Feb 2018 at 10:27 AM

Matias Voutilainen (1)
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...