While using the Marshall Gateway App on my iPhone 7 or SE (I'm assuming this happens on other iPhone models as well), the "Playback" page automatically defaults to "Apple Music" when I want to add tracks to jam to with my Code 50 amplifier.
My question for Marshall Support is: Can you make the iPhone Gateway App allow selections of tracks from locations other than "Apple Music" on the "Playback" page?
It would be great to be able to select tracks from my other files like "One Drive" or "Files". Your competitors like the Boss GT-1 and the Spark 40 allow tracks to be added from ANY location when using their jam-along features. Limiting your choice to "Apple Music" really limits the jam-along experience on your app.
Thank you for considering making this useful update to your iPhone app.
I uninstalled the gateway application on my iphone because it did not work well, I reinstalled it and on the screen it tells me
( Context 3D not available posssible reason wrong render mode or missing device support ), Could you help me?
I have the Marshall gateway app, a multieffects pedal, a interface Focusrite and a accustom guitar but I can’ get any sound out of the speaker! Help!!
Hi, I tried to install mygateway app into my iphone X. It was successfully installed but I could not open the app. It shows error message in the phone screen.
Can you please help. Thanks
My new Code 50 Amp won't connect to my iPad. They are paired via Bluetooth, and Gateway detects the amp. When it tries to connect, it perpetually displays 'Connecting........'
What am I missing?
The Gateway App on my i phone will not work since my removal and reloading it. I get the message "Context3D not available! Possible reasons: wrong renderMode or missing device support". How do I rectify?
I just got my Monitor II ANC and found out the headphone cannot detect by the Marshall Bluetooth android app. Which Bluetooth connection to my phone is perfect.
Anybody having this issue recently?
I have a xiaomi redmi note 8 and also have a problem connecting the marshall gateway app to the amp code50.
I can only be connected as if I were listening to music, I even tried to connect it with an otg adapter, it works like that, but there are a lot of problems with braking the application? Please if it is possible to solve this problem.
And if I tried all variants except one, and that is to uninstall every marshall application to amplify my Marshall Code 50 Firmware 1.4.4 recognize bluetooth connection from which I can control my installed Gateway 1.5.5 of course not just music to listen to But that I have complete control and whether maybe the problem is that the usb is included in my computer, whether to turn it off because I registered everything else. If anyone can answer all these questions I will be grateful.
Hello everyone, I own the Marshall CODE 100H and CODE 212 cabinet.I really love this amp, but I find the MY GATEWAY web page interface to be somewhat awkward to use. The following are issues that I would like to see changed.
1) On the My GATEWAY web page, the preset list at the top is arranged by columns (as it should be), but the MY LIBRARY list below that is arranged by rows.
2) There is no indication in the MY LIBRARY section on the MY GATEWAY tab whether a preset is or isn’t in the MY GATEWAY list.
Hey Fellow Marshall Code enthusiast...As most of you are. I like to use all the features of my equipment hence the Marshall gateway. The short is after months of not getting it to connect to my iPhone I thought let me try the Gateway on my iPad Mini 2?? Aha it works...So the iPad is using iOS 12.5.2 and my iPhone uses iOS 14.4.2. I always keep any of my software up to date with rare exceptions..So it seems the problem is with the Gateway and the newer iOS? So maybe the gateway needs to be updated to work with the latest iOS? Hope this helps?
Looks fine on the My.Marshal site, but not within the app.
Salve! Non riesco a collegare il code 25 al sito My.marshall per provare i preset disponibili. L'appplicazione gateway si collega e la luce azzurra si blocca riconoscendo il Bluetooth.
Dal sito My.marshall mi dice codice non connesso.... anche se riesco ad usare l'applicazione Gateway e risulto connesso.
Qualche suggerimento? Sto usando Crome aggiornato con smartphone Android.
I have a samsung s10 and android 11 and I can successfuly connect my amp to my phone via bluetooth, but I can't connect it with the app, it just can't detect the amp.
I already re-installed and re-connected the app and amp. What can I do?
Hello everyone from Portugal,
I need to change the order of the presets as needed, but the Gateway application does not allow changing the position of each preset in memory.
I don't want to overwrite presets by saving to other stots, I just want to change the order of each preset.
Is there another way to perform this operation?
MyGateway does not synchronize with the hardware, it only sends it to the hardware.
My CODE presets do not appear on MyGateway.
I seem to be having the same issues that a lot of people have reported, where I cannot get the Marshall Gateway app to connect to my Code 25. I've only had the amp for about a week and I cannot get the app to see it.
I can connect to the amp via Bluetooth using my phone (Pixel 3a, Android 11) and whilst connected, can use it as a BT speaker to play music from Spotify. However, nothing I do seems to get the app to connect to the amplifier.
-I've updated the amp to the latest firmware using my laptop/web browser.
-I've followed all the instructions in the Bluetooth Connectivity Troubleshooter to the letter (CODE - Gateway Bluetooth Connection Troubleshooting - my.marshall.com)
No matter what I do, or what order I install/uninstall/connect, the app will not see the amplifier. Everything works otherwise - I'm able to apply Patches from ? using a USB connection - and the amp sounds great. I'd just like to be able to control it from my phone.
I suddenly have this problem with my Code 50 and my Lenovo tablet. It did work with the Gateway app until today, and it is connected via bluetooth and it will play music from the tablet, but the Gateway app doesn't even see the amp. I tried uninstalling it, reinstalling it, clearing the cache and storage, no joy. Oddly, it works fine still from my LG phone.
Here are a few things I would suggest as improvements to the Marshall Code series. I have a 25 so some things may be specific to that amp. I have stuck to things that could be improved only by software or firmware as these are improvements everyone can have simply by updating the firmware rather than modifying the amp itself.
1. Reduced power mode to switch between full power and lower power mode. This would fix the volume control issue everyone complains about. Maybe this could be a global setting in the firmware ?
2. USB audio Volume level setting (e.g. -3dB, 0dB, +3dB etc). This could also be a global setting in the firmware ?
2. Normalise the volumes of the models, some are way too hot (British class A power-amp), some are way too low (Natural pre-amp). I beleive this is the reason why some models have strange low frequency distortion (50s British, OD DSL).
3. Show the configuration of the Cab models, not everyone is a Marshall fanboy and I have no idea what cab a "1960X". even if it was displayed as "1960X (4x12)" I would at least know what the configuration of cab the model is.
4. Fix the spring and hall reverbs, they sound very cheap, like the "echo" you would get on a cheap karaoke machine, certainly nothing like a spring reverb.
5. For god's sake release an official desktop editor!!! with the option to save/restore/edit patches.
6. A sync button to sync the amp presets with your gateway. It you want to rearage the patches online in gateway, you have to manually save all the patches one at a time to the amp using the phone app. So if you add a new patch at position 0, you have to manually save all 100 patches one at a time in order to match your gateway sounds!
7. Fix the tuner, it is pretty bad on both the amp and the app. It's slow to respond and not very accurate (at least thats what its like on mine). Ive no idea how well it works on the foot controller.
8. If possible add a Fuzz pedal model, even at the expense of removing another model (I wouldnt miss the pretty poor Acoustic simulator for instance).
These are just some suggestions that I feel would make the amp just a little bit better, but in general I'm having a lot of fun with this little amp, and love the sounds and features it has. It is way better sounding than some of the negative reviews online would suggest.
Maybe other people can suggest firmware updates too?
I have the following problem with my Marshall Stanmore (I) Bluetooth speaker:
Whenever I am wirelessly connected, the Bluetooth connection drops after 20 minutes — while playing music!
The surprising thing is that it not just happens randomly after 15 to 45 minutes — no, it happens suspiciously regularly after 20 minutes. I went and tested this with my laptop (4 times) and my phone (3 times) by writing down the start and stopping times, and the Bluetooth connection got interrupted (the music stopped) after 20 minutes each time. 7 times in a row. No exception.
• Yes, I have removed the speaker from all devices, then re-repaired them. Multiple times.
• Yes, the problem exists with all my devices that can send sound via Bluetooth (laptop, phone, desktop,). Those same devices have no problem to stream music to my Sony sound system or portable Bluetooth speakers. The problem only exists with the Stanmore.
• No, the Stanmore is not near a wifi router, a micro wave, a DECT phone or close to other Bluetooth devices. All of my other Bluetooth devices work perfectly fine. During my tests, the speaker and the Bluetooth source were about half a meter/two feet apart.
• Yes, I have had the Stanmore disconnected from power for an hour. Even a few days, actually.
• Yes, sound works perfectly fine via the wired connection (INPUT 1) and it doesn't stop after 20 minutes.
• Yes, the "STANDBY MODE" switch on the back is set to "STANDARD". (But surely no Bluetooth speaker would ever go into standby mode WHILE playing music anyways, right?)
• No, I am out unfortunately of warranty. The speaker looks great and hasn't been used that much. I also find that it financially doesn't make much sense to spend 130€ (max.) on a Marshall OOW repair.
• No, the Stanmore I is not compatible with the Marshall Bluetooth app, and there is no way for me to update the firmware (as far as I know).
• Yes, I can absolutely open up the speaker and post pictures of specific components, if someone has a clue about what capacitors or chips to look out for.
Additional info on the issue:
I experience no problems connecting via Bluetooth, from any device. I can start playing music — but after 20 minutes, the music will automatically stop. If I am streaming from Spotify for example, the player will just pause. The Stanmore stays powered, and the red BLUETOOTH light on the Stanmore is still on, but it appears a little dimmer than normally. I have found that pressing the SOURCE/WAKE button once usually wakes up the Bluetooth connection again, and then after a while, I can resume music by un-pausing on the laptop or phone.
The fact that this happens after a very precise operating time, sure sounds a lot like it could be standby-related. But the Stanmore is not set to POWERSAVER mode. And even if it was, it would only enter standby mode after a certain time if it wasn't playing anything. A speaker that goes into standby mode every 20 minutes WHILE playing music ... that would be ridiculous! And yet, that is exactly what I am dealing with.
Any ideas or clues for what to try or look out for?
I added presets that I would like to add to my Code 50. They appear on the bottom of My Gateway, but I am unable to drag them into my 100 presets. Even clicking the amp icon to demo the preset does't work. I am using Chrome and have my computer connected via USB to my amp (status is Code: Connected).
Also, the 100 presets currently in My Gateway are in a different order than my presets on the amp.
I have watched the turorials but it doesn't seem to be working. If you could let me know how to add the selected presets from My Library to my presets on the amp that would be great.