Questions
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

votes

answer

views

Hello.

I'm not sure if I phrased that correctly, apologies.

I've been enjoying the Emberton for 3 months and have recently noticed that whenever I turn the volume up above 50-60% the lows fall behind and are almost not audible. It effectively sounds like I've applied a high pass filter regardless of the mobile device or media App used. This was not initially the case.

Any advice is welcome, seems like a software thing. I've been careful with it.

asked 16 Sep 2021 at 12:21 PM

Aleksandar Bahnov

votes

answer

views

Hello, I recently ordered a used JCM800 Model 1580 Bass Cabinet.  The seller's photos show it with one 18 inch Celestion G18Q-400 speaker.  I've learned that they were made in the 1980s-90s, and came in mutliple speaker configurations. Mine is the 1x18.  I'm assuming the cab originally came with the G18Q-400?

Would really love to know:

1. the performance specs of the G18Q speaker (Celestion.com didn't have any info)

2. whether the round port cut in the baffle of the cab is original. 

See picture below.  Thanks!

asked 22 Aug 2021 at 07:31 PM

CHRISTOPHER DAVIS

votes

answers

views

High, first off, I am new to the modeling world, my main rig is peavey and Line6 DT25 tube rigs.

I bought a Code 50 as a quick and reliable solid state backup/practice amp to gig with if needed.

I love the sounds of it but at times the BASS just takes over even when Bass knob is rolled to

zero. no matter what settings i use the Bass is booming. I am thinking of a speaker upgrade

possibly but is there any advice on settings that may help me pull the mid range out more. I 

use Super Cleans and Gritty Gains. Hard Rock/Metal sounds

Wes

asked 13 Mar 2019 at 04:12 PM

Wes Eubanks

votes

answers

views

I am curious about how worried I need to be when I play bass through my new Code 100 Combo.  Will I damage the speakers if I get loud?

asked 28 Aug 2018 at 02:30 AM

Richard Helle

votes

answers

views

Putting two old Super PA's and one old Super Lead (or Bass, hard to say) back in service.  None have any parts, so this is more a labor of love than anything.  Anybody know where I could source the following?

100 Watt Super PA #20975 - has the back panel, no front panel.  Would prefer a plexi front panel, undrilled, but would be fine with a metal panel.

50 Watt Super PA #10210. - has the back panel, no front panel. Would prefer a plexi front panel, undrilled, but would be fine with a metal panel.

70's era Super - Unsure whether a Lead or Bass. Has the front panel, but no back panel.  Would prefer a metal back panel, undrilled if possible. 

Note: Over the years I was able to find two JTM100 plexi Super PA front panels, but sadly they won't work for my projects.  I think they were both from amps around 1965 or 1966 (the ones with the creme back panels), because they have the Mark IV on the front as well as the JTM 100. The holes are completely different than what are on my two Super PAs that have gold back panels.  Mine were probably produced somewhere between 1967 and 1969; perhaps the front panel drilling was standardized by then (I heard a rumor that front panels were hand drilled early on).  

asked 23 Mar 2018 at 06:16 PM

Richard Kimzey
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Loading - please wait...