Questions
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14

votes

answer

views

I've got an Origin 5C, about 6 months old.  Has worked fine and is a fun little amp.  But last night I had my first issue.
Got the rig set up, with front-end fx, and also some fx in the loop. Warmed it up, then played a few bars in low power. All worked fine, so I switched to full power, and stepped away for a few minutes to let it warm up some more.
When I came back, it was still powered on (light and mild hum), but the footswitch was dead and there was zero volume. Not even cable crackle when plugging and unplugging the guitar.
I messed around with all the connections. Pulled everything and plugged in directly (also checked the instrument cable). So, guitar > cable > amp. Still no volume, and just a slight hum (very slight; it wasn't ampliyfing anything, so this was just circuit hum).
I dissambled the the thing, to check tubes and connections. Everything looked grand.
Reassembled it, and it worked fine. Played for a good 10 or 15 minutes at medium volume, and it was a charm.
But then the volume started dropping. Would come in and out. Then it dropped completely, and the footswitch went dark again.
I tried connecting an external preamp into the return (with a dummy plug in the send), but no luck. Footswitch was still dark.
Hum but no volume.
Haven't tried it yet today, but I'm expecting the same behaviour. My assumption is that there is something that goes sideways when the temperature gets up.
So, two questions:
1 - Is this a power tube issue? I haven't noticed any other problems or symptoms of bad tubes. And, like I said, it's 6 months old. Never gigged, but played loud fairly often.
2 - What's up with the footswitch? I can't find any schematics of the Origin series, and I don't care to go tracing. So, I'm not sure exactly where the FS fits into the circuit. I was wondering if that symptom might help to diagnose.
Anyway, a great little amp, but it's acting up!
Has anybody had or heard of this issue?
Thanks, friends

asked 17 Mar 2021 at 01:12 PM

Clark Powers

votes

answer

views

Hi ,

I have received my new kilburn 2 today and it is not turning on. I have tried charging for few hours but not see any lights on battery power.

asked 03 Dec 2020 at 02:00 PM

Ashish Sharma

votes

answers

views

Hi everyone, so I recently purchased a Marshall Code 25 off of a friend and the amp is perfect for what I need; however, every now and then it starts buzzing out of control. I'll turn it on in the morning to start recording and the buzz is so loud, it almost overpowers my guitar sound! I have tried 3 different guitars, acoustic and electric, bought a high-end Ernie Ball cable and even moved house and the buzz is still there! I was able to fix it in the past by updating ad overwriting the firmware and then leaving it unplugged for a few hours to a day and that solution worked for a long time, but now it's buzzing again and nothing I've tried has made any difference. Another thing, its plugged into the same power strip as my PC and monitor, but the power strip I've switched to is a $50 uninterruptible machine of a power strip that looks like a space ship, to no avail. Also, when I turn my amp on, it makes my PC monitor kind of short-circuit and the picture freezes and fragments for a split second and then goes back to normal. I have tried every possible amp setting, and only setting the noise gate to 80% gets rid of it, which is unusable. I have also tried other power outlets and it only works when it's in a separate part of the house. I should also mention that the sound does go away when I turn the preamp button off on the amp, which again, makes the amp unusable. The house I moved to is also relatively newly made and has had various electricians here to sort out any previous power issues in the past few weeks. I'm at my wit's end and I seriously need some help!

asked 10 Jun 2020 at 09:42 AM

Josh Williams

votes

answer

views

I am having a problem with power supply board. So far it is causing the amp to re-set (power off, power on) randomly. I have diagnosed it by duplicating the issue with tapping (or lighly pushing) on components on the power supply board. Reading the forums makes it seem like it is (somewhat) a common problem with these amps. 

How can I get a power supply replacement board so that I can enjoy using this (otherwise) great amp?

Thanks

asked 03 Oct 2019 at 02:30 PM

Miodrag Zubic

votes

answers

views

Hi,

Marshall user since early time, I work also in electronics repairs.

A customer brought me a faulty code 50 power amp. Is there any way to get a new power supply from spare parts to replace it ? I thought replace the original PS with a standard one but the original one gives 2 power supplies: main power an bluetooth power.
In the worst case where we cannot find spare parts, it is possible to get schematics or at least the values of the voltages ?

It will be cool to bring back to life this amazing stuff from a ledgendary brand

Thanks in advance

asked 07 Aug 2019 at 11:18 PM

Sébastien GUINLE

votes

answer

views

It won't power up when switched on; no signs of life at all. It worked fine at a gig and then when I got it home, it wouldn't switch on.I s there a fuse inside the cabinet? I've replaced the fuse in the plug, but that hasn't helped. 

asked 24 Jul 2019 at 03:41 PM

Robert Campbell

votes

answers

views

Hello.

I have a Code50 50W and i´m thinking of upgrading the speaker. One of the choices i´ve found was the Celestion F12-X200

Thing is: The Code50 is a 4 Ohm 50W amp, while this speaker is a 8 Ohm 200W. My question is how this would interfere in the sound / Volume of the amp?

Thankyou in advance :)

asked 22 Apr 2019 at 10:23 AM

Danilo Jose Duarte Neubern

votes

answer

views

I recently purchased the JVM210C amp, to replace a VS100. I turned it on the other day and heard a low hissing noise, which ended with a pop (volume hasn't been above 2 or 3 yet on any channel), and now there is no output. The amp still has power (power rocker, mode buttons, footswitch LEDs, tubes all light up ) My first thought is that one of the tubes failed, but could it have been a fuse? I've only had the amp for a month, so I'm struggling with what could be the issue. Any help is appreciated. 

asked 21 Jan 2019 at 06:47 PM

Dan O'Rawe

votes

answers

views

Hi, 3 question:

1) I'm Italian and I just purchased on ebay a brend new DSL40Cr from a UK shop. I was wondering if the ampli still works at 220V - 50 Hz as per manual, regardeless the fact it comes from UK, and if will arrive with power calbe schuko plug or UK plug. In this case may I use an adaptor male shuko/female UK ?

2) I would like to know if I can use an external speaker as additional together with the internal Speaker, for example the internal 16 Ohm speaker + an external 8 Ohm speacker connected obviously at right socket.

3) in case of use of one external speaker (e.g. 8 Ohm ) which one I should connect of the two socket where is labeled down "1 x 8 OHM - 2 x 16 OHM" ? is it indifferent, the one to the left or the right ?

update for the question n.2: maybe I figure out how it has to be done: unplug the internal speacker from 16 OHM socket and plug it into the 8 OHM speacker. plug a 16 OHM external cabinet into the other 8 OHM Speacker socket. otherwise only configuration showed on manual are allowed. Is that correct?

thank you

edited 15 Jan 2019 at 01:35 PM

Roberto ACErob71

asked 15 Jan 2019 at 01:06 PM

Roberto ACErob71

votes

answers

views

Does changing from one wattage to another while the amp is on cause any problems?

It doesn't seem to cause any audio issues besides the obvious change in volume - but will it hurt the lifespan of the tubes or damage any components?

So what's the rule? Choose power level before turning on? Turn down the master volume before changing power levels? Or does it make zero difference?

asked 10 Dec 2018 at 07:45 AM

Tom LeBlanc (1)

votes

answer

views

Dear Concern,

I have been a huge marshall user for the past 20 years. I have never been let down by any of the products I have used so far until recently. I bought the Marshall CODE 50 and one year in time something happened to the power circuit unit. I got it checked from the store "World Music" in BD, and they confirmed that the circuit is damaged. I need to buy the circuit but unfortunately, I cannot find it anywhere here. I even checked with Guitar Center in Vegas and they were unable to help me out with the matter as well. Any lead on where to buy such a circuit will help me a lot.