Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

votes

answer

views

Does disconnecting the speaker disable the power section?

I've seen in other answers that you can disconnect the internal speaker in the DSL1CR combo, and use the emulated out.

However, is it necessary to have the emulated out connected? Can I use the effects send instead (to get just the preamp output)?

I'm worried about stressing the power section from it not having any load, but if disconnecting the speaker disables the power section this should be fine, right?

asked 26 Feb 2020 at 02:19 PM

Daniel Gonzalez

votes

answers

views

Hello I'm considering to buy DSL1HR or CR for silent recording at home. But I would like to use fx loop SEND output to record raw valve soud to apply impulse response later.

Is it safe to unplug cabinet, and without connecting headphones use these amps in such manner? 

And if so, why? Usually valve amp needs speaker load

Thank you in advance for the answare!

Sergey

asked 04 Dec 2019 at 12:44 PM

Sergey Tereshkin

votes

answers

views

Dear,

I have a new Marshall DSL1CR and it make a popping noise when changing channels from the Ultra gain to Classic gain while playing.

If I mute the guitar, or changing channels from the Classic gain to Ultra gain or using the emulated out there is no pop.

There is same noise when switching off it.

Is it normal or somethings wrong with my combo?

Thanks & best regards.

asked 16 Nov 2019 at 02:29 PM

József Szekeres

votes

answer

views

I have a DSL1CR when replacing pre and power valves does the amplifier need biasing, is it self adjusting? And what would be good replacement valves? 

asked 16 Apr 2018 at 08:23 AM

Chris Stamper
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...