Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

vote

answers

views

The manual that came with the head says use output 3 when using a single 8 ohm cab. 

The online manual on the Marshall website says to  use output 2 when using a single 8 ohm cab.

I  have plugged a single cab into these both  at different times and output 2 seems to have more volume and treble than output 3

I am slightly confused and annoyed as shouldn’t  either 8 ohm output sound the same irregardless of which one I plug my single 8 ohm cab into?

I would appreciate some clarification so that I can use the correct 8 ohm output for my speaker cab!

Update to my original post as I  have an additional question related to rear speaker outputs.

The third output speaker socket and the revised manual show this as output for 2x16 ohm. (Mine has the modified sticker attached)

Does this mean:

a: that you can plug two 16 ohms speaker cabs which have been set up in parallel into output socket 3 and the power amp sees a total of 8 ohms? .

b: output socket 3 already internally wired in parallel with socket 2 and such you plug one 16 ohm cab into socket 3 and one 16 ohm cab into socket 2, for a total of 8 ohm impedance?

c: Not sure what else could be possible?

Could you please confirm which is the correct approach? Thanks, Ross

edited 01 Jun 2020 at 03:44 AM

Ross Ferro (1)

asked 13 Nov 2019 at 11:11 AM

Ross Ferro (1)

votes

answers

views

I am about to purchase a Code 100 Head , all I have is a 4ohm 212 Cab. Is this okay to do. I know offically it is not, but for tube amps I've heard this is fine to do.

asked 26 Dec 2018 at 08:46 PM

Thomas Loughlin

votes

answer

views

Hi!

I'm not too familiar with impendances and I'm trying to add a monitor speaker to my amp. As mentioned in the title, I'm using Marshall DSL40C combo, and in order to send my signal to my drummer on gigs I need to connect it to an active speaker (Behringer B12D - 8ohms). Currently I have stock speaker in the amp (70/80, 16ohms) but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different.

My question is - what would be the optimal combination (ohm wise) that would work without any danger to the amp? Can I put in the amp 8ohm speaker (amp speaker) in the first 8ohm output and the Behringer monitor on the other, or do I have to use 16ohm speaker (and what output is better to put it in) with the active monitor (changing the monitor is not an option unfortunately)?

Hope I didn't complicate the question too much!

Thanks!

asked 28 Jun 2018 at 10:06 AM

Mislav Marusic

votes

answer

views

Hi. By mistake, I think I hooked up my 100 watt JCM 800 head to my 1960B 4x12 cab on mono with two cables. It's only recently that I figured out the right way to connect them. That's by plugging  one end to the 16 ohm output of my amp head since it's set to 16 ohms and the other end of the cable to the 16 ohms input on the right side of my cab. Will my stupidity affect the functioning of my amp head for the worst? It seems to sound and function fine now though. Thank you in advance.

asked 27 Apr 2018 at 07:30 AM

Calvin Austin
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...