Questions
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

votes

answer

views

Hi, so there's a high pitch whining sound coming from my amp both with and without the guitar plugged inI believe it started around when I first tried the in-built bluetooth feature and think this is the reason for my troubles. The whine starts at 10% on the master volume knob and progressively gets louder as you crank it up

When I tick the 'share audio' button on  my phone, the whining stops, and is replaced by a very managable amount of noise. 

I've already done a factory reset to try and disable bluetooth but the whine is unchanged and bluetooth is still on. I've also tried disabling all bluetooth devices nearby, shutting off my pc, taking away my phones and switching wall sockets (although I haven't tried outside my room yet).

Is there any way to disable bluetooth on the CODE 50? Or maybe I can take it apart and remove the transmitter myself.

Here's a demonstration of me turning on the amp and moving the mic closer (Master volume at 100%)

edited 26 Feb 2021 at 04:48 PM

Vilnis 373

asked 26 Feb 2021 at 04:43 PM

Vilnis 373

votes

answer

views

Tried out the effects loop over the weekend and whether I run one pedal through it, or loads, tried different cables, power supply or battery, the loop adds a high pitched whine to the sound, which makes it pretty unusable.

I'm going to re-try a load of things, again different pedals, batteries and cables, but do Marshall have any suggestions?

Also is there a way to change the level/mix of the effects loop, or is it fixed?

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:40 AM

Ian Watts
Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
Loading - please wait...