Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answers

views

Guitar and lead both work fine however my Marshall DSL40 (purchased Dec 2018) has stopped working, all lights work however there is no sound. High power output also makes strange popping/crackling noises when idle, also as of 2 weeks ago the amp would randomly but rarely make a clicking noise when in standby, this stopped a week later but  I had previously never ever heard this noise before. The standby also emits a quiet hum.

asked 16 Sep 2020 at 05:47 PM

Sam Adams

votes

answers

views

Hi!

I have a Marshall DSL40CR and a PEDL-91016 footswitch.

(By the way, there is no manual online for the PEDL-91016 footswitch.)

Is it possible to program the footswitch for particular combinations of channel + master volume.  What I would like is...

Button 1 = Classic Gain Green + Master Volume 2

Button 2 = Classic Gain Red + Master Volume 1

Button 3 = Ultra Gain Green + Master Volume 1

Button 4 = Ultra Gain Red + Master Volume 1

Button 5 = Master Volume (toggles MV 1 and MV2 ...no change to default functionality).

The context is that I want my Master Volume 1 to be "Rhythm Loudness" and Master Volume 2 to be "Lead/Solo Loudness."  However the loudness for the Classic/Green channel is too low so I want to default it to "Lead/Solo Loudness" (aka Master Volume 2) for unity loudness to the other rhythm channels.

Thanks!

-James

asked 13 Mar 2020 at 11:52 PM

James Seay

votes

answer

views

I just ordered a brand new DSL40CR, took a week to get here, it finally gets here and theres no sound? Theres power to amp, everything lights up, and it even makes a faint popping noise when I'm turning it off, but its not picking up my guitar or anything of the sort, can someone help me please.

asked 31 May 2019 at 01:59 AM

Jimmy Davis

votes

answers

views

Hey Marshall Forum!

About a year ago I bought my first ever Marshall amplifier; the Silver Jubilee 100W head (with 4x12 cab).
Since I use it mostly at home, I haven't cranked the volume all that much. But when I do, I notice a loud humming noise.

Today I turned the amp on, without having the guitar cable attached to it, cranked up the Master volume (with 0 gain!) and it hummed like crazy. 
What could be the source of the humming?? And more importantly, how can I get rid of this awful humming? 

The only cables that were attached were the footswitch, FX in/out and the power cable. 

asked 24 Oct 2018 at 05:58 PM

Jarnick Hulzebos

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I recently bought a Marshall Code 50 and I am very happy it. But there is one thing that is annoying. Sometimes the display doesn't show any text at all when I turn the amp on . Also when I turn the amp  on there is a loud pop noise but the noise only appears when the display shows text.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

asked 30 Jul 2018 at 11:11 AM

William Lau

votes

answer

views

I was just playing my Epi on the Acoustic setting and all sound went out and the screen and buttons started flashing. Tried pluggin/unplugging. Pluggin into a different outlet. What the hell just happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l54NTu-p0s

asked 24 Jul 2018 at 06:18 AM

Ivo Tasev

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...