Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answer

views

Just received my new JCM 800 2203 head with a new vintage 1960 av cabinet. Hooked it up and turned the power on standby. Very noticeable humming sound coming from inside the head. Is this normal? I have a early 90's JCM 900 that never has made any sounds on standby or powered up fully. Can I get some advice before I decide to send it back and go with something else?

thanks much!

asked 14 Dec 2019 at 02:55 PM

Rory Lasee

votes

answer

views

I just ordered a brand new DSL40CR, took a week to get here, it finally gets here and theres no sound? Theres power to amp, everything lights up, and it even makes a faint popping noise when I'm turning it off, but its not picking up my guitar or anything of the sort, can someone help me please.

asked 31 May 2019 at 01:59 AM

Jimmy Davis

votes

answer

views

Hi there, guys 

I’m new to the forum and new to valve amps. In fact, I’ve just purchased my first valve amp: a brand new JCM 800 2203 reissue.

Running through a 1960av and a Rivera Rock Crusher attenuator and it sounds awesome - except for these damn so called ghost notes (just learned about them) that only happen when I set the master volume at higher values (above 6.5 or 7). It also only seems audible in higher pitches around the 12 fret.

Reading a lot about filter caps and stuff. But it’s a brand new amp and I still have warranty. So that’s not the case for trying to fix it myself.

My question is: should I assume it’s “normal” and keep my amp? If that’s the case, how can I crank it (and get that  beautiful power section overdrive) and minimize those annoying ghost notes? Is electric grounding improvement / adding a power filter of any good?

Or you guys think I should go to Marshall assistance and ask for a replacement?

Thank you very much,

Any help appreciated,

asked 15 Jul 2018 at 03:57 PM

Jopa Travassos
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...