Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

votes

answer

views

Hello y'all,

I've been having a problem with JVM 205Combo.
During corona-lockdown, when we were not allowed to rehearse with the band, I had took my amp home with me....
As I'm always curious to find other sounds, I started experimenting with connecting other speaker cabs to my JVM. But, as I later discovered, the cable I used was no good and I think I blew up the main amplifier. I looked for the fuse, for it seemed logical to me that the fuse was blown, but couldn't find it. I also have a JCM 800 2205 head, a JMP MK2 2204 head and I've been having a JCM900 4100 head in the past. Now, all these amps were fused, so if anything went wrong, it was just the fuse that was blown. In fact, I've experienced that!
But no fuse on the JVM....is that correct? Because if it is, my problem is bigger than I thought. In that case, what was blown instead? The output transformer? My tubes?

I hope somebody can help me out on this one. And I promise never to experiment with other speakers or whatsoever.

Thnx anyway!
Cheers!

asked 10 Sep 2021 at 08:23 PM

Arno Visser

votes

answers

views

Hi. I just bought Marshall 1959 HW and it's constantly humming when it's on. I have Wizard Modern Classic Amp and ENGL Powerball 2 and they don't hum like that when ON. Is it normal? Also when I strum a chord very loud mechanical noise going out of the back. Check the video I shot to hear how both issues sound:

asked 30 Jan 2020 at 04:15 AM

Andrew Zelenokhat

votes

answer

views

Hi, I live in Chile and purchased a mini jubilee head from USA. The amp is configured for 110 volts and the domestic voltage here is 220 volts. I’m going to buy an external transformer. What is the optimal wattage rating I should be using for this amp?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos

asked 10 Oct 2018 at 08:52 PM

Carlos Vasquez

votes

answer

views

Hello, 

I am looking for the above part to repair my amp. Is it possible to source this part from yourselves?

Make Model Serial No.    
Shilchar tfrtffc8 p-tr030-0527

asked 23 Jul 2018 at 06:47 AM

Robert Green
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...