Questions
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16

votes

answers

views

I'm currently shopping loopers and prefer the "buy once, cry once" mentality but also don't want to overbuy only to find out my current simplistic setup cannot take advantage of a pedal with too many features.

I'm looking at the Boss RC5 and RC10R, and my intention is to plug the pedal into my DSL40's effects loop rather than in-line with the guitar input.  My understanding is that in this location, the looper will receive the clean/overdrive/distortion tone I use when recording the loop, and play back that exact tone through the power amp, and the drum functionality in these pedals will be uncolored by the DSL40's preamp.  Is this a correct understanding?  I should be  able to record a loop using my clean tone and play back a clean tone after shifting the DSL40 to overdrive channel to accompany the clean loop with an overdriven lead, right?

Where does the DSL40's onboard reverb come into play in the effects loop?  Before or after the effect loop return?  If the loop pedal I buy has onboard reverb it can apply to drum accompaniments, will the Marshall reverb also be applied to it when it comes through the amp's effect loop return?

And finally, while this isn't a 100% Marshall question... how would one go about playing into a pedal like the RC10R and looping one's tone created on a DSL40, and then when time to play back the loop content, have that output go to a more neutral amplifier while still having guitar played through the Marshall?  I can't think of a way to do that short of micing the DSL40 and pushing that input into the RC10R, then having the RC10R output to a neutral amp.  If I send the effects loop out to the looper, will the DSL40 still play if there is no return from the looper?  Can i use the effects loop send like a signal splitter at the preamp? 

asked 12 Jul 2021 at 11:07 PM

Kelly Connor

votes

answers

views

I bought this DSL40CR 3 weeks ago. When the effects loop is turned on there is a volume drop and treble drop. The high end virtually disappears. Even turning up the treble or resonance doesn't quite fix it either.

It sounds virtually identical if I switch from 40 watt mode to 20 watt mode, without the effects loop engaged. 

In 20 watt mode with the effect loop engaged the volume/treble drop is even worse. This happens when effects loop is engaged through the 6 button footswitch and on the panel.

Is this a normal function of the amp?

asked 09 Apr 2021 at 02:25 PM

Roger Gordon

votes

answers

views

Hi, has anyone tried to control two DSL40CR or DSL100HR using one PEDL-91016? 

asked 24 Feb 2021 at 09:28 PM

Roman Kelar

votes

answer

views

hey

my name is jason and i have a question. Since a week or so my marshall dsl 40 had very low volume on the ultra gain channel even when i turned all the way up. Normally my ears would explode and my mom would run upstairs. So it makes very low volume on the ultra gain channel. but when i turn my volume up all the way on the classic gain channel while im playing trough the ultra the volume is normal again. This is really weird and i have  no idea to fix this please help

jason van empelen (im dutch)

asked 16 Feb 2021 at 04:51 PM

jason van empelen

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I wanted to measure the "Plate volteage" of my DSL40CR. Googling, the closest I got to was "pin 3". Have no idea where that is. 

Thanks

asked 07 Feb 2021 at 09:19 PM

Mathias Ohlson

votes

answer

views

I purchased a new DSL40CR  a few months ago. I think I need to replace some of the tubes/valves. The product is still under original manufacturer warranty, so I would like to take it to someone qualified to work on Marhsall amps, rather than change them myself. I have never owned a brand new amp before, so I don't want to void any warranty. How can I locate a proper amp technician in my area (Buffalo, NY) to help me with this? Appreciate any help. Thanks .

Dave

asked 21 Dec 2020 at 07:17 PM

David Marcoux

votes

answers

views

Where can I find a manual for the DSL40CR amp? It looks like everything here is for the CODE amps. The print on the "manual" (a single sheet) that came with the amp is so small it's unreadable even with a magnifying glass.

asked 07 Jul 2020 at 02:30 PM

Philip Walsh

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

Just last week I purchased a brand new Marshall DSL40cr, and after playing through it for some minutes I noticed a "wind blowing on a microphone" sort of noise coming from it. I did some research online and found out that quite a few people have had the same problem with this amp. I'm guessing you must be aware of this by now and must also have the solution to this problem.

I live in Brazil, so I'd rather not have to send my amp back to where I bought it in the US, but instead take it to a local tech here in Brazil. I just need to know how to solve this problem. I've already talked to two technicians here, but they don't seem to know what to do about it. What have you found out about this "wind blowing sound" problem? How can I fix it?

Best wishes,

Frank

asked 30 Jul 2019 at 01:38 AM

Frank Toledo

votes

answer

views

I just ordered a brand new DSL40CR, took a week to get here, it finally gets here and theres no sound? Theres power to amp, everything lights up, and it even makes a faint popping noise when I'm turning it off, but its not picking up my guitar or anything of the sort, can someone help me please.

asked 31 May 2019 at 01:59 AM

Jimmy Davis

votes

answer

views

Hello there.  I wsa wondering if you could tell me any information about the availability of PEDL 91016 to control my DSL40CR.  I absolutely love the amp and would enjoy the switchability the pedal would provide.  I hear that the date keeps getting pushed back and was wondering if you had a date when they would become available.  Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated, than you very much!

asked 16 Apr 2019 at 10:49 PM

Charles Melino

votes

answers

views

I have an issue on my 1 year old DSL40CR.  The Clean/crunch channel is going out.  it has a fuzzy weak signal for a while and will eventually go away.  However, when I switch to the OD channel BOOM it works fine.   When this problem happens, I am turning the amp off and waiting a few minutes and I turn it back on and the amp works fine on the clean/crunch channel.  Seem to do it after the amp warms up a bit.  I bought it at GC and they suggested I take it to an electronic repair place in Dallas.  Has anyone else had this problem?

thank you

kevin

asked 16 Apr 2019 at 03:43 PM

kevin trawick

votes

answer

views

Might be a dumb question, but I'm trying to learn. I bought a little combo amp DSL40CR. I want to buy a 4x12 cabinet and use it with this amp instead of buying a head. I believe I need a 16ohm cabinet, I was looking at the Marshall mx412ar.  My question is would this cabinet work with amp, and if so, what would be the correct place on the amp to put the audio cable so I don't destroy my amp?

Thanks,

Adam

asked 06 Apr 2019 at 03:45 PM

Adam Newon

votes

answer

views

I've had a PEDL-91016 footswitch on backorder since August.  Can someone provide me the schematic to switch the master volumes?  That's all I really want from the switch anyhow.

I'm to the point where this feature was the only reason I bought the amp, and I've not been able to get the footswitch to use it.  I do love the tone, but I'm kinda done waiting on it now that I hear it'll be April.   This is really my first Marshall purchase, I'm not sure I'll purchase a new product again at this point.

asked 22 Jan 2019 at 10:43 PM

John East

votes

answers

views

Hi, 3 question:

1) I'm Italian and I just purchased on ebay a brend new DSL40Cr from a UK shop. I was wondering if the ampli still works at 220V - 50 Hz as per manual, regardeless the fact it comes from UK, and if will arrive with power calbe schuko plug or UK plug. In this case may I use an adaptor male shuko/female UK ?

2) I would like to know if I can use an external speaker as additional together with the internal Speaker, for example the internal 16 Ohm speaker + an external 8 Ohm speacker connected obviously at right socket.

3) in case of use of one external speaker (e.g. 8 Ohm ) which one I should connect of the two socket where is labeled down "1 x 8 OHM - 2 x 16 OHM" ? is it indifferent, the one to the left or the right ?

update for the question n.2: maybe I figure out how it has to be done: unplug the internal speacker from 16 OHM socket and plug it into the 8 OHM speacker. plug a 16 OHM external cabinet into the other 8 OHM Speacker socket. otherwise only configuration showed on manual are allowed. Is that correct?

thank you

edited 15 Jan 2019 at 01:35 PM

Roberto ACErob71

asked 15 Jan 2019 at 01:06 PM

Roberto ACErob71

votes

answer

views

I can use a Boss ES-5 to switch between Clean/Crunch/OD1/OD2 using program changes but sending MIDI CC#13 for the loop state works sometimes and CC#14 for the master volume select never works. Is anybody able to use Boss ES-5 or ES-8 MIDI to control the master volume select and loop state?

asked 07 Nov 2018 at 10:15 PM

j k

votes

answer

views

Why would my amp switch channels on its own? The footswitch is not being used. I manually switch the channels when jamming alone. I play my clean settings and it switches over to ultra gain and cannot switch back. I have to turn the amp off in order to switch and then it switches again.

asked 24 Jul 2018 at 12:11 AM

Raul Gonzalez
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Loading - please wait...