I own the Marshall CODE 100H and CODE 212 cabinet.
I really love this amp, but I find the MY GATEWAY web page interface to be somewhat awkward to use.
The following are issues that I would like to see changed.
All references to the MY LIBRARY list are referring to the list below the MY GATEWAY List on the MY GATEWAY web page.
1) On the My GATEWAY web page, the preset list at the top is arranged by columns (as it should be), but the MY LIBRARY list below that is arranged by rows.
This makes it very awkward to find a preset in the MY LIBRARY section.
The MY LIBRARY section should be arranged by columns as well.
2) There is no indication in the MY LIBRARY section on the MY GATEWAY tab whether a preset is or isn’t in the MY GATEWAY list.
This makes it awkward to know which presets from the MY LIBRARY are used in the MY GATEWAY
I would suggest adding the MY GATEWAY preset number to the MY LIBRARY list as the indicator.
3) There is no indication in either list whether a preset has been Modified or is a Factory Preset
(must copy to MY LIBRARY section below and then edit to know if it was changed-not as convenient as it could be if it was marked as Factory Preset or Modified in the list)
4) There is no way to compare presets in the MY GATEWAY list vs the same named preset in the MY LIBRARY list.
(And a preset can be changed in the mobile app or on the amp and synced to the web,
but the change doesn’t get applied to the same named preset in the MY LIBRARY list,
so the MY LIBRARY presets become inconsistent with the same named preset in MY GATEWAY.
And, there’s no indication that the same named preset in the MY GATEWAY list is now different from the MY LIBRARY version.
Must be constantly manually checking / updating the MY LIBRARY list.
There should either be a “Date Changed” field in the Edit Preset dialog box so you can know which one is the most recent, or
There should be a prompt or checkbox to update the MY LIBRARY preset as well.
There should be a way to select two presets and then select “Compare”.
The compare screen should highlight the differences.
5) Renaming a preset in the MY GATEWAY section doesn’t also rename it in the MY LIBRARY.
Requires either deletion of the preset in the MY GATEWAY list and re-addition of the renamed preset,
or edit same named preset in both lists. There should be a prompt or checkbox to update the MY LIBRARY preset as well.
6) Multiple presets can be named the same thing but have different configurations (really bad idea!)
This makes it hard to know which one is the most up to date.
This should be prohibited.
Copying a preset to the Library should pop up a warning message that a preset with that name already exists, and ask to replace or rename it differently.
7) Preset settings can only be viewed / edited in the MY LIBRARY section but not the MY GATEWAY section.
This means that you have to copy a preset from the MY GATEWAY list to the MY LIBRARY section first.
Then hunt down where it went in the MY LIBRARY list in order to edit it, Edit it, and then copy it back to the MY GATEWAY list.
That seems to be a lot more awkward than it ought to be. It should be possible to view or edit preset settings from either list.
8) It would be nice if a preset could be marked as a favorite.
9) It would be nice if all Factory Presets had audio preview samples.
10) It would be useful to have a way to record a short audio sample via bluetooth on the mobile app and then be able to save it automatically to SoundCloud and add the url to the preset.
11) Where do I find backing tracks for to use with the amp?