Questions
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

votes

answer

views

Hi can I do silent home recording using the marshall origin 50 combo? if not using the DI on the head only would I need to connect to a DI load or is this inbuilt? many thanks.

asked 08 Feb 2021 at 02:08 PM

Adam Goodwin

votes

answers

views

Hi, I'd want to know if disconnecting the speaker on a 20w Origin head would activate the standby (so this won't damage the amp) even if then I go through the send to an audio interface and not returning to the amp through the return or anything else (and so NOT using the di out). In fact I would like to use my favorite cab+microphone+power amp simulator and then connect it to the interface and listen with my headphones on and I think it would be impossibile and harmful to the sound to add another cabinet simulation to the already-present One in the di out (right?) and so I would exit from the send.

2 another simple questions:

could i do this with a combo, too? In that case, how do I disconnect the speaker?

The last one: if I exit from the send, I'll take the preamp signal, right? And if I exit from the di out will I have the preamp signal (with the cab simulation) or will it just be the guitar signal with the cab simulation only (I assume I won't anyway have the power amp too)?

Sorry for my bad english and for the ignorancešŸ˜…

edited 11 Jan 2021 at 10:45 AM

Jacopo Gaggia

asked 11 Jan 2021 at 10:17 AM

Jacopo Gaggia

votes

answer

views

Does the DI out of the Marshall Origin has cabsim or not?

Would like to know! 

Thanks

asked 16 Dec 2020 at 05:41 PM

Jeroen van Rijn

votes

answer

views

Hi, 

I was wondering if I could plug in a two notes torpedo cab m into the 8 ohm speaker out jack of my Marshall Origin 20c without plugging it into the speaker as well?  Would I need to put a dummy plug into the DI out to activate the built in load dummy load? Would the dummy load work without the dummy plug in the DI out? Can I even use the 8 ohm speaker out jack without a load on whatever I have plugged into it even with the DI out plugged into something?  The two notes cab m does not have a dummy load built in and on normal amps would have to be plugged back into a speaker or a load box for the load and sound would still come out of the speaker.I'm wanting to use the two notes cab m so I can tweek cab imulations, record and use headphones all while still using my amp without disturbing anyone. I know I could just use the DI out, but I've read it alresady has cob imulation on it and I would like to tweek my own.

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 07:55 PM

CHARLES KAECHELE

votes

answer

views

I am looking for a more low ended sound than the provided 12 inch speaker cone and would like to try a 15 inch speaker cone. is it possible to do this with minimal or no modifications to the build of the amp?

asked 09 Sep 2020 at 07:48 PM

Tyler Friedman

votes

answer

views

Does  5w combo 5C need rebiasing when replacing tubes?

It´s a Class A amp?

asked 07 Jul 2020 at 10:13 AM

Alberto Bangzilla

votes

answer

views

hallo Marshall team,

please can you tell me if the DI/Out socket can be used also with headphones?

is it confirmed that once I connected the DI/Out to a mixer PA or a Audio Interface, I can un-plug the speaker cable fro the amp without damages?

thank you

regards

asked 27 Aug 2019 at 12:48 PM

Roberto ACErob71

vote

answer

views

Like the title says - I'm wondering if its possible / safe to run the Origin 50 head with the DI connected to a recording device and not connected to a traditional speaker load.

Thanks

asked 14 Dec 2018 at 08:56 AM

Tom LeBlanc (1)

votes

answers

views

Does changing from one wattage to another while the amp is on cause any problems?

It doesn't seem to cause any audio issues besides the obvious change in volume - but will it hurt the lifespan of the tubes or damage any components?

So what's the rule? Choose power level before turning on? Turn down the master volume before changing power levels? Or does it make zero difference?

asked 10 Dec 2018 at 07:45 AM

Tom LeBlanc (1)

votes

answers

views

Why does Origin 50h not have a standby switch?

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 07:32 PM

Gatis Ivans

vote

answer

views

Hello,

I've noticed that there is rattling/jangling coming from the amp (not the speaker) when playing notes between low  A and C and their respective octaves above. It sounds like it is coming from the EL34 valves - is this due to the way that they are mounted without spring dampers? They have not gone microphonic as far as I can tell, and are otherwise performing as expected, so I feel this is more a mechanical issue with the chassis/mounting, or it's just an undesirable characteristic of the valves themselves. What I'd ideally like to know is, do all Origin 20Cs do this or is this the first anyone has heard about this?

I've removed every external variable there could be, moving the amp to another location and isolating it from floor vibrations in the studio. I've taken the 'amp' out of the cabinet so that I could lightly tap the valves, and check the screws around the supports are not loose. You can generate the rattle (or very similar) just by tapping lightly with the handle of a screwdriver, on both valves. This is what I was expecting if it was just physical vibrations from the speaker causing them to rattle in sypmathy. The rattling sound does not get amplified, so it's not in the audio path.

It's enough to be offputting when tracking/practicing in the studio unless pushing out really high volume so that you can only hear the guitar. I play fairly clean a lot of the time so it is more obvious under those conditions.

Would really appreciate some advice. If the answer is, "It's the same for all and there's not much that can be done..." then ok, I just need to know. That said, I spotted there was some sort of similar issue perhaps on Class 5 amps that a kit was developed for to resolve? I may have misunderstood though.

If there is any further mechanical troubleshooting to be done then please let me know. I wouldn't want to void the warranty status if possible. For what it's worth, I'm a systems and support engineer for a large format mixing console company, so I'm competent enough to poke around as required... just figured someone may have alreday solved this one before I carry on!

Kind regards,

Ed

edited 09 Sep 2018 at 11:28 AM

Edward Arnold (1)

asked 09 Sep 2018 at 11:27 AM

Edward Arnold (1)
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Loading - please wait...