Questions
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

votes

answer

views

I purchased a new DSL40CR  a few months ago. I think I need to replace some of the tubes/valves. The product is still under original manufacturer warranty, so I would like to take it to someone qualified to work on Marhsall amps, rather than change them myself. I have never owned a brand new amp before, so I don't want to void any warranty. How can I locate a proper amp technician in my area (Buffalo, NY) to help me with this? Appreciate any help. Thanks .

Dave

asked 21 Dec 2020 at 07:17 PM

David Marcoux

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone,

4 days ago, it all started with my Woburn speaker losing power from time to time (I think it turned off and on for at least 5-6 times within 3 hours or so). Then for two days, no matter to which outlet I connected the Woburn to, it did not turn on. All lights were out and I could not connect to it.

Then for some reason, the Woburn turns on again now (red Bluetooth light is on) and I can connect to it via bluetooth, but there is no sound. It is just dead silent.

Any ideas what could be the issue? I read a lot about issues with the fuse, could that be it? If yes, I would try to repair it myself. I would be very happy about any tipps.

Cheers.

asked 13 Oct 2020 at 11:55 AM

Karl Bill

votes

answer

views

My 1974x amp is quiet when nothing is plugged into it, but as soon as I plug my intrument cable into the non-tremolo channel, I get this awful cyclic noise.  Does anyone know what to do?   I replaced the ECC83 tubes one by one (testing it between each tube replacement), but it didn't fix the problem.

Here's a video of my problem.

https://youtu.be/lN_lhUAu7jA

asked 19 Dec 2019 at 11:10 PM

Brandon Isaak

votes

answer

views

I purchased an AS50D amp a while ago, and while I've otherwise been extremely happy with it, when it arrived the caps fell off many of the knobs, which is obviously annoying since I can't see what the current settings are.

I contacted the (Swiss, German-speaking) vendor, who contacted Marshall, and they shipped me a baggy of replacement knobs.

Naively it appears that I should be able to pull the old knobs off and push these on (as I see no evidence of a set-screw anywhere). However, applying reasonable force with my hand or even prying with a screwdriver, I can't get the old knobs to come off. I don't want to risk applying a large force until I'm more confident that I'm following the correct procedure and won't break anything. 

So, my questions are

- are these in fact the correct replacement knobs?

- what is the recommended procedure to replace the knobs?

- if I am supposed to simply pull the old knobs off, should I expect to apply a lot of force?

- if not and these are the correct knobs, what is the recommended procedure to replace the knobs?

edited 23 Sep 2018 at 10:50 AM

Patrick S

asked 23 Sep 2018 at 10:32 AM

Patrick S
Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
Loading - please wait...