Questions
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

votes

answers

views

I purchased a Marshall Kilburn II speaker and had to return it because of the standby mode. The speaker turns off if not used for 10 minutes "to save battery charge" according to the manual, but it does so even when it is connected to the power source with a power cord. I basically had to approach the speaker and manually push the Bluetooth button to wake it up.  I already contacted Marshall Support and they responded that it's not possible to disable standby mode in the Kilburn II. I can't imagine a more annoying thing and can't even figure out why it was necessary to ruin an otherwise perfect speaker with this "feature". Why wouldn't you make it switchable and give users a choice whether to use it or not? Would it be possible at least to disable standby mode at an authorized service center? 

asked 18 Nov 2020 at 03:18 PM

A P

votes

answers

views

Guitar and lead both work fine however my Marshall DSL40 (purchased Dec 2018) has stopped working, all lights work however there is no sound. High power output also makes strange popping/crackling noises when idle, also as of 2 weeks ago the amp would randomly but rarely make a clicking noise when in standby, this stopped a week later but  I had previously never ever heard this noise before. The standby also emits a quiet hum.

asked 16 Sep 2020 at 05:47 PM

Sam Adams

vote

answer

views

The new Stockwell 2 seems to come with an auto-standby mode, meaning it shuts off after between 5 min and 20 min (seems to be different from a phone versus a laptop?) even if the connection via bluetooth or jack-in is stable. Although the sound is nice for the size, the speaker is barely useful in settings where sound is not played all the time.

Team Marshall, can you please provide an option to define a custom time (let's say 2h) or completely disable the  auto-standby mode either by a Firmware update ob by integrating the Stockwell 2 into the Marshall app? Thanks.

Best
Rey

asked 09 Jun 2020 at 02:29 AM

N/A N/A (1)

votes

answers

views

This is killing me! total dealbreaker. If I can't find a solution I'll return this speaker which I love everything else about it.

It goes to auto-standby if it's unused for 20 mins regardless of bluetooth use or sound coming from RCA jack. But whenever I play something next time, I have to touch the knobs to wake it up manually. I put the speaker in my bookshelf which my plan is to not need to touch it in every use.

I want it to not go stanby mode ever. Is it possible? I couldn't find any answer in the manual, in the forum or in any other place. Sent a support inquiry as well, but I'm curious if anyone else is having same issue.

asked 08 Feb 2020 at 05:38 PM

Mehmet Yildiz (7)

votes

answers

views

Why does Origin 50h not have a standby switch?

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 07:32 PM

Gatis Ivans
Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
Loading - please wait...