Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

votes

answers

views

I'm currently shopping loopers and prefer the "buy once, cry once" mentality but also don't want to overbuy only to find out my current simplistic setup cannot take advantage of a pedal with too many features.

I'm looking at the Boss RC5 and RC10R, and my intention is to plug the pedal into my DSL40's effects loop rather than in-line with the guitar input.  My understanding is that in this location, the looper will receive the clean/overdrive/distortion tone I use when recording the loop, and play back that exact tone through the power amp, and the drum functionality in these pedals will be uncolored by the DSL40's preamp.  Is this a correct understanding?  I should be  able to record a loop using my clean tone and play back a clean tone after shifting the DSL40 to overdrive channel to accompany the clean loop with an overdriven lead, right?

Where does the DSL40's onboard reverb come into play in the effects loop?  Before or after the effect loop return?  If the loop pedal I buy has onboard reverb it can apply to drum accompaniments, will the Marshall reverb also be applied to it when it comes through the amp's effect loop return?

And finally, while this isn't a 100% Marshall question... how would one go about playing into a pedal like the RC10R and looping one's tone created on a DSL40, and then when time to play back the loop content, have that output go to a more neutral amplifier while still having guitar played through the Marshall?  I can't think of a way to do that short of micing the DSL40 and pushing that input into the RC10R, then having the RC10R output to a neutral amp.  If I send the effects loop out to the looper, will the DSL40 still play if there is no return from the looper?  Can i use the effects loop send like a signal splitter at the preamp? 

asked 12 Jul 2021 at 11:07 PM

Kelly Connor

votes

answer

views

I recently purchased a new SC20H. The production sticker date is 2019-34. When depressing the On/Off button for the loop there is a substantial  drop in volume. Also, there is a hum present when the loop is in use. Additionally, when engaging pedals in the loop a popping sound is present. This is not something I have experienced  with other amps and I did not expect in what is marketed as a high end Made in England Marshall. This amplifier was produced  some time ago as evidenced by the date sticker. Have these issues since been addressed? I do not want to submit a brand new amplifier for repair. I am still under the retailers return/exchange period. Would exchanging for a more recent  production SC20H resolve this issue?

asked 14 May 2021 at 01:55 AM

Quint Cunningham

votes

answers

views

Hello

Recently purchased this amp head only to find out that the effects loop does not works as advertised

I have tried an number of buffered and unbuffered pedals and the result is very frustrating

When the loop switch is engaged with the amp in 5 watt mode there is an audible pop a noticeable hum comes from the amp/speakers and any effects connected pop loudly when engage/disengaged.

When the loop switch is engaged with the amp in 20 watt mode (full power) there is an  audible pop a louder more annoying  hum coming from the amp/speakers and any effects connected pop loudly when engage/disengaged.

I have also used just a quality effects pedal cable between the send/receive only to see if it’s just the pedals and the circuit still click and hums when engaged.

This is totally unacceptable in any way shape of form and I would expect that with a brand such as Marshall and its long history of quality equipment that these type of issues would not exist as pre user testing would have sort them out!

This appears not to be the case as a number of online amp forums have pointed out that this is a know issue with this amp and no know solution or repair fix has been forthcoming from Marshall.

Please issue a fix for this to be carried out by authorised service techs at your expense as this type of marketing and selling of equipment that is faulty and "not fit for purpose" is illegal under Australian consumer law and is most likley the case in other countries

I look forward to receiving a thoughtful and considered response to resolving this issue!

asked 11 May 2021 at 01:30 AM

Ross Ferro (1)

votes

answer

views

Hi Marshall Team,

i was wondering if it is safe to connect the effects loop send to my Behringer interface.

And if so, is it still safe when

1. the cab is not connected

2. the emulated out is not connected

3. i don't send the signal back to effects loop input

I am asking because I want to silently record and use IRs on the preamp sound, like cab simulations, pedals or EQs.

I've read, that the DSL Series has a dummy load, what makes in unnecessery to plug in the cab while using the preamp. Is that correct?

Couldn't find a definite anwer, so I'm asking you guys! 

Thanks in advance!

Greetings 

Carlo

asked 07 Feb 2021 at 10:28 AM

Carlo Gross

votes

answer

views

Hi

My DSL 20 HR is completely silent when effect loop is in standard active setting. 
No sound goes through. Only a very very silent cracking. 
when I switch the effect look off to bypass via the foot switch, the amp will give out the regular sound, of course without any pedals that are in the loop

i ruled out broken chords. It is the same without anything in the effect loop at all. 

any suggestions?

thanks a lot

asked 08 Mar 2020 at 09:28 PM

Henning Lührig

votes

answer

views

Please can anyone advise me whether the Loop Level button on a DSL50 head should be pushed in or out when using FX pedals through the loop? I can’t tell any difference in either position.

asked 23 Dec 2019 at 10:58 PM

Andy Gregson (10)

votes

answers

views

Hi everybody. I'm brand new to the forum so please be gentle with me. I've recently got back into guitars again and have noticed I have two effects loops on this amp (never used them before).  One is stereo parallel one is mono series. I have a stereo pedal (Boss DD500) with two inputs and two outputs. Do I connect to both sends and the stereo return or just one send and the stereo returns. Also can I connect one pedal to the parallel loop and one to the series, or is it a either/ or situation. Hope I've  been clear enough, any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Regards Dale.

asked 14 May 2019 at 06:28 PM

Dale Spencer

votes

answer

views

I have a new DSL 20 head and when I use the loop, as soon as I activate a pedal, I can hear that pedal coloring the sound. Once I switch the loop on via foot switch, the volume drops a bit, but I get the same sound. Once I turn the loop back off, the coloring ends and the loop acts as it was intended. But there is a volume drop.

asked 15 Oct 2018 at 11:36 PM

Satchmo Dog
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...