Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answers

views

Hi, I received a new Code 25 today. The unit switches on and the display comes on etc but absolutley nothing I have tried can get it to make a sound.... I don't think even I am stupid enough for this so I'm thinking there is a problem with the amp. The only thing I have attempted is to update the firmware but since none of the USB cables I have tried with it seem to work (though they do work on other items) I can't even get it updated. Anyone got any suggestions before I have to send it back?

asked 02 Feb 2021 at 06:59 PM

David Attrill

votes

answer

views

Hello. I bought a Marshall Code 50 two months ago used. The first days it was working perfectly, but now, whenever I want to play some guitar with the amp, it stops sounding out of nowhere. I assume it has something to do with the headphone out, assuming that the HP OUT cuts the signal of the speaker. Has this happened to anyone else out here. If so, how did you guys solve this issue?

PS: The firmware is updated ;)

edited 17 Nov 2020 at 10:27 PM

Alejandro Arcila

asked 17 Nov 2020 at 09:33 PM

Alejandro Arcila

votes

answers

views

Guitar and lead both work fine however my Marshall DSL40 (purchased Dec 2018) has stopped working, all lights work however there is no sound. High power output also makes strange popping/crackling noises when idle, also as of 2 weeks ago the amp would randomly but rarely make a clicking noise when in standby, this stopped a week later but  I had previously never ever heard this noise before. The standby also emits a quiet hum.

asked 16 Sep 2020 at 05:47 PM

Sam Adams

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I am a recent ower of a Marshall Origin 20, which I got in July. I've really enjoyed the amp until I plugged in last night and got out absolutely no sound out of it. I couldn't figure out why, as nothing as happened to it and it worked fine two days ago. I took it apart to do some trouble shooting and found that when I have all the knobs max'd and output on 20 watts, I can hear a whisper of my guitar signal (nicely saturated, presumably by the preamp tubes) through the speaker. This sound is affected by all of the knobs. However, if I plug my guitar directly into the return of the effects loop, and activate the effects loop I get no sound whatsoever; no guitar, no hum, nothing. Because of this, I'm sure my speaker is not the problem. These things led me to think it was a power amp section issue, so I went down and purchased a new set of matched EL34's, threw them in there, and nothing changed. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, because this amp is not even a year old and I should not be having these kinds of problems with completely normal bedroom use.

Thanks,

Alex

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 06:27 PM

Alex Peters

votes

answer

views

Hey Mates,

Having issues with a clients amp, seems that after a retube that i did, he was playing and after about 30 min, it gradually started losing sound and then cut sound completely.  I did the re-tube myself, and biased it properly and i was able to play it for about 40 min with absolutely no issues.  List of troubleshooting steps i have done:

tried a different speaker cable

tried a different guitar cabinet

tried a different guitar and guitar cable

tried the old tubes, additionally bought a 12ax7 and tested each pre-amp tube

tried a different power source

Have tried different power tubes

have checked and replaced the fuses

Now this is what i am THINKING is the problem, I think it might be something with either the heater curcuit fuse, or i think it's called a BRT1 Rectifier?  I did alot of research and it seems that the people having MY issue, explain the same symptoms of what i am having.

Now i have to make this clear, I AM NOT A PROFESSIONAL TECH, just a guy helping bands out with tech stuff that they don't know how to do.  So any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

asked 27 Jun 2019 at 08:01 PM

Austin Hetrick

votes

answer

views

I just ordered a brand new DSL40CR, took a week to get here, it finally gets here and theres no sound? Theres power to amp, everything lights up, and it even makes a faint popping noise when I'm turning it off, but its not picking up my guitar or anything of the sort, can someone help me please.

asked 31 May 2019 at 01:59 AM

Jimmy Davis

votes

answer

views

I have a Code 100... it has worked great for the last year. The last couple of gigs not so much. When I turn it on...I get no sound. I get sound through the headphone jacks, but nothing through the speakers. Then, out of nowhere it starts working...?? 

Very frustrating....any input would be great!

asked 25 Dec 2018 at 08:29 PM

Lee Kennedy
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...