Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answer

views

Hi

I have just brought a Fender strat new and got to be honest it doesnt sound as good through my code 50 as my Les Paul or my Yamaha strat did. The guitar came with 9 gauge strings when i usually play with 10`s. Can i put an amp sim on my laptop and play that through my Code 50! and how would i connect

Thanks

asked 02 May 2020 at 03:44 PM

martin jones

votes

answers

views

Hey all,
First of all, some background information. I have been playing classical guitar for 2-3 months I would say, and I believe I have passed absolute beginners' stage. Yet, I have no interest in playing classical guitar (was playing just because I had one spared by my cousin), so I'm gonna buy an electric guitar fairly soon. However, the problem is, my taste is a little bit wide. I love blues, rock, metal and also jazz. I am imagining a guitar that is capable of sounding like Joe Bonamasa, Dream Theater, Europe, Opeth (even Opeth is wide enough to require more than one guitar I guess, but financial concerns...), Alter Bridge at the same time. I know, I know; at least something close to that. So far, I believe closest call is Yamaha Pacifica 112 series (since budget is my concern), but there seem to be hell of a lot of options. Also I consider buying Blackstar ID: Core 10 V2 as amplifier based on its good references all over the web, but not sure if it suits my playstyle. Not sure if anything, at least for limited budget, fits my styles. Even if not, plase share if you have close calls. Thanks in advance

edited 25 Sep 2019 at 07:39 AM

Marshall

asked 02 Sep 2019 at 11:13 AM

ryan gant

votes

answer

views

I have a Marshall Code 50. Not sure what’s happened but when I plug my guitar into it, I get no sound and the presets are now being controlled by the guitar volume knob. If guitar volume is full high, display on the Code quickly scrolls thru presets. If guitar volume is full low, you can individually scroll thru presets by quickly turning volume knob up then quickly back down. No volume from cabinet regardless of preset volume or master volume, only static. Have tried with both electrics I have and both cables, in various configurations with no difference.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks. Kevin.

asked 18 Jul 2019 at 12:29 AM

Kevin Mac Queen
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...