Questions
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

votes

answers

views

I just got this amp yesterday and have only played for about 15 minutes or so.  When I play on channel 2 in the high overdrive channel I get what sounds like vibrations and slight buzzing when I play notes on the GBE strings higher up the fret board.  I'm playing at low volume on the 20 watt setting.  Nothing is maxed out and it only happens on the higher overdrive channel.  Is this normal does the amp need to be broken in any guidance would be appreciated!

asked 15 Jul 2020 at 09:19 PM

Christopher Benson

votes

answer

views

I recently purchased a Focusrite Solo to allow recording on my computer from the DSL40CR. 

The output from the emulated output is just awful.  Sounds muddy, like a blanket is over the speaker, etc.

Doing some googling leads me to believe this is normal for the emulated output.  I just don't understand how Marshall can makes products with features that flat out don't work.

Has anyone else had any luck with the emulated output?

asked 13 Jun 2020 at 02:27 PM

Scott Oechsle

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

I had a Marshall dsl40cr brand new and out the box it "hissed" and "wooshed" quite bad, so much so I had to send it back.

I was sent a replacement that was alot better, but still a touch of noise.

This isn't electrical noise or interference - I know what that sounds like - this is something different.

It's only recently I've been too bothered, as it seems a lot of people have this issue.

My second issues is, when swapping between the 2 master volumes there is a popping noise - that's regardless of if 1 is higher than 2 or vice versa. It's like a static pop and happens via footswitch or on the panel.

I been reading the noise can be due to caps and resistors that need swapping and the popping is due to a faulty controller. Surely if these are known problems, this should be covered.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

asked 13 May 2020 at 02:38 PM

Nathan Martin

votes

answers

views

Hi!

I have a Marshall DSL40CR and a PEDL-91016 footswitch.

(By the way, there is no manual online for the PEDL-91016 footswitch.)

Is it possible to program the footswitch for particular combinations of channel + master volume.  What I would like is...

Button 1 = Classic Gain Green + Master Volume 2

Button 2 = Classic Gain Red + Master Volume 1

Button 3 = Ultra Gain Green + Master Volume 1

Button 4 = Ultra Gain Red + Master Volume 1

Button 5 = Master Volume (toggles MV 1 and MV2 ...no change to default functionality).

The context is that I want my Master Volume 1 to be "Rhythm Loudness" and Master Volume 2 to be "Lead/Solo Loudness."  However the loudness for the Classic/Green channel is too low so I want to default it to "Lead/Solo Loudness" (aka Master Volume 2) for unity loudness to the other rhythm channels.

Thanks!

-James

asked 13 Mar 2020 at 11:52 PM

James Seay

votes

answer

views

Bought the amp in early December 2019,  took it in for repair the next day with a midi problem,  was using a TECH21 Midimoose and it worked till I turned the amp off after playing for an hour, turned it back on and the midi stopped working., musical instrument store sent it back East (Canada) and haven't seen it since.  I'm concerned that when it does come back, it will have no warranty left and the problem will reoccur.  Is there a fix for this midi problem?

It is now March and still no sign of the Marshall DSL40CR.  What can I do but wait?!?  Good thing my backup amp is reliable.  I am assuming Marshall does not have repair parts to send to the repair shop.  What other reason could there be?

edited 03 Mar 2020 at 03:43 AM

c meier

asked 23 Jan 2020 at 07:50 PM

c meier

votes

answers

views

Hello, admin, why you delete my posts? I bought an expensive amplifier that is noisy and I need a solution to my problem.

I can not send the amplifier back due to the rules of the customs of Russia. It turns out too expensive.
I ask technical support to help me solve the noise problem in the new amplifier. You are, after all, Marshall, not  Noname Firm.

asked 30 Oct 2019 at 08:50 AM

Nick Gurovich

votes

answers

views

Was curious if the footswitch on this is a short to sleeve connection.  Going to use a headrush gigboard with it using the 4CM but also want to contral the channels much the like the included footswitch does.

asked 24 Sep 2019 at 04:50 PM

Adam Goldbeck

votes

answers

views

Hello. 

I just purchased the dsl40cr and I think it is acting strange.

When I put the amp in the low power mode, I think it sounds normal. But when I switch it to the high power mode, without changing any settings on the amp or the guitar, the volume decreases.

I'm not sure if this is normal??

I play on low volume with the master volume on about 1~2 and adjust the channel volume for the most part. 

The volume level sounds similar when the channel volume is on 2 (low power) vs 8 (high power). 

I would think that high power = higher volume?

I've read that the volume difference may not be a lot but to actually decrease going from low to high power mode seems strange. 

The volume level responds much more sensetively when it is on the low power mode. When it is on high power, it does not respond as sensetively. It gets louder as you increase the volume but not as much as when it is on low power mode.

Is this normal??

asked 29 Aug 2019 at 05:42 PM

Andy Suh
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8
Loading - please wait...