My Stanmore 2 recently stopped being able to connect to Spotify using the Spotify Connect feature.
I have done a factory reset and tried reconnecting to the internet again.
I tested the Alexa functions and those work, such as asking for the time and weather updates and they are fine, so its just the Spotify Connect.
The Marshall speaker shows up on the list of devices on the Spotify App that I can connect to but it just stays on "Connecting..." when selected.
I can connect fine to my PC and Echo device via Spotify Connect.
Thought I'd share what finally worked for me to get my CODE amp to connect to the gateway app.
I had tried literally everything, unpaired the amp, reinstalled gateway about 10,000 times, used 3 different devices. All with no success.
Until I tried this:
This worked for a Samsung Galaxy S2 tablet, but I suspect it would probably work with any device.
1. Uninstall gateway from your device
2. Unpair every single device you have paired with your device through your bluetooth settings.
3. Clear your bluetooth cache and data. On an Android device this is located in App Manager/System apps (to show system apps you might have to click the 3-dot symbol on top right of settings screen)/Bluetooth/Clear cache and data
4. Restart your device
5. Re-Install Gateway app
6. Pair AMP with device via bluetooth
7. Open Gateway app, and hopefully, you'll see your CODE amp has finally connected.
The key here is to unpair all bluetooth devices and clear bluetooth cache through your phone's settings.
Credit to Cris Lebrun who shared this solution elsewhere in the forum. It was kinda hidden so I thought i'd make a separate thread for it.