Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answers

views

Hi, I'd want to know if disconnecting the speaker on a 20w Origin head would activate the standby (so this won't damage the amp) even if then I go through the send to an audio interface and not returning to the amp through the return or anything else (and so NOT using the di out). In fact I would like to use my favorite cab+microphone+power amp simulator and then connect it to the interface and listen with my headphones on and I think it would be impossibile and harmful to the sound to add another cabinet simulation to the already-present One in the di out (right?) and so I would exit from the send.

2 another simple questions:

could i do this with a combo, too? In that case, how do I disconnect the speaker?

The last one: if I exit from the send, I'll take the preamp signal, right? And if I exit from the di out will I have the preamp signal (with the cab simulation) or will it just be the guitar signal with the cab simulation only (I assume I won't anyway have the power amp too)?

Sorry for my bad english and for the ignorancešŸ˜…

edited 11 Jan 2021 at 10:45 AM

Jacopo Gaggia

asked 11 Jan 2021 at 10:17 AM

Jacopo Gaggia

votes

answer

views

Hello,

I need Your help regarding send/return section of my amp.

The amp is a combo, solid-state Marshall 5212 Fifty Split Channel Reverb (it's around 30 yrs old). The sound is superb, both channels and reverb are working flawlessly to this day.

Recently, I decided to put my delay, reverb and chorus pedal into FX Loop, but when I do so, no sound is coming from the amp. I tried with different pedals (one at a time), with different cables, but no success. The whole time the guitar was connected to the direct input on the front panel (guitar>direct input>send>pedal input>pedal output>return). I strum the strings and nothing's coming out of the speakers. But then I noticed one thing, when I unplug the cable from the "Return" jack on the rear panel, the sound is coming up from the speakers like it's supposed to (without pedal involved ofc). It's almost like direct input on the front and FX loop section on the rear side can't be active at the same time... Is this common problem with these amps, do you have some advice on this issue, or should I take it to electrician to check it out?

Please check the label from the rear (below):

Thanks in advance!

Best regards

edited 01 Apr 2020 at 08:47 PM

Mario P.

asked 01 Apr 2020 at 04:58 PM

Mario P.

votes

answers

views

Hello I'm considering to buy DSL1HR or CR for silent recording at home. But I would like to use fx loop SEND output to record raw valve soud to apply impulse response later.

Is it safe to unplug cabinet, and without connecting headphones use these amps in such manner? 

And if so, why? Usually valve amp needs speaker load

Thank you in advance for the answare!

Sergey

asked 04 Dec 2019 at 12:44 PM

Sergey Tereshkin
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...