Questions
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

votes

answer

views

I'm getting some alerts about my Marshall speaker reaching out to 172.217.13.228.  Any idea what this address is used for?  I also see a lot of vulnerabilities reported against this speaker from bitdefender.  

asked 14 Jan 2021 at 01:17 PM

Steven Nelson

votes

answers

views

Hi,

My Stanmore 2 recently stopped being able to connect to Spotify using the Spotify Connect feature.

I have done a factory reset and tried reconnecting to the internet again.

I tested the Alexa functions and those work, such as asking for the time and weather updates and they are fine, so its just the Spotify Connect.

The Marshall speaker shows up on the list of devices on the Spotify App  that I can connect to but it just stays on "Connecting..." when selected.

I can connect fine to my PC and Echo device via Spotify Connect.

Any help?

Thanks,

Alfie

edited 26 Sep 2020 at 01:03 PM

alfie pang

asked 26 Sep 2020 at 01:02 PM

alfie pang

vote

answer

views

Goodness me!
I just unpacked my two brand new Stanmore 2 (Voice) speakers.

I am using an IPhone XS max on IOS 13.6

I successfully connected them to Google Home and can use this app to play music.
I successfully connected them as generic Bluetooth devices and can use them individually for Bluetooth audio.

BUT I cannot get Marshall's own IPS apps to recognise them!
Marshall "Bluetooth" doesn't recognise their existence when they are switched as Bluetooth input, neither does Marshall "Multi Room" when they are switched as WiFi input.

So Marshall's own apps are a FAIL
Apparently I need the app to be able to "Couple" them as a stereo pair, which was the reason I purchased two speakers!

Anyone else having a similar problem?
I did notice on the Apple app store a comment from a downloader who had experienced the exact same problem, so clearly this is a known issue for Marshall.

I have reported this to Marshall support but I have no experience of them so I don't know how responsive they are?

asked 29 Jul 2020 at 04:02 AM

Peter Myers (1)

votes

answers

views

Good morning,

i would like to connect my old Turntable to Stanmore2. I have an old Amplifier (the same chain of Turntable and CD Reading) but i suppose that i have to connect also a new Pre-Amplifier.
What is a correct configuration? Something like this?:

Turntable---->Amplifire---->Pre-Amplifire--->Stanmore2

If i buy a new Pre-Amplifier i could remove my old Amplifier from my chain?

Thank you!

asked 30 May 2020 at 12:09 PM

Boris Carli

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

I have a problem with the Stanmore II Speaker.
It is connected via Cable to Amazons Alexa. When music is played, it always is ínterrupted by the starting/pairing sound (that e-guitar chords)
as if some device is trying to connect with the speaker. we turned every device nearby off (which shouldn't be the idea, right?) but it still
continues. it's quite annoying.

any ideas?

asked 11 May 2020 at 09:55 AM

Martin Kaspar

votes

answer

views

Bought a new Stanmore II speaker. Worked fine for few hours however now after few minutes of play it automatically turns the volume to Full. I reduce the volume and again after few minutes it goes to full on its own. Tried online, offline content playing but same problem.

asked 11 Mar 2020 at 06:23 AM

Udit Jain

votes

answer

views

I am using Stanmore II with various devices via BT and i have no issue except my laptop ( ideapad 100 ) which pairs normall as a BT audio device (at first two pairing it was showing me a message that stanmore II need to be plugged in cause battery is drained and as we know its always plugged in but ok the 3 time it connected properly) but its not playing music as it displays that need to be plugged in a jack .

asked 16 Jan 2020 at 11:28 PM

Konrad Guzda
Showing results 1 to 7 of 7
Loading - please wait...