Questions
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

votes

answers

views

I'm trying to hook the DI out from an Origin 20c amp to a Mackie Pro FX10 v3 mixer and then to powered speakers. I need the preamp channels on the mixer for mics so I want to plug the DI out to the line input on the mixer withou a gain control, it accepts both balanced and unbalanced. The result is a very weak signal compared to the mics. I'm using a TS cable because that's what Marshall says the DI out takes. Some more ther observations. 
The attenuation effects the output, the strongest signal is with the amp on the high setting. 
The master volume on the amp effects the signal strength. 
If I max the main out and the channel level on the mixer, set the amp on high, and set the master on the amp past 12 o'clock I get a decent signal but that makes balancing between the mics and other instruments difficult and also complicates stage volume.  
Is the DI out on the 20c -10dBV or +4dBV?  Would a Line Level Shifter fix this? Any other advise would help. 

asked 12 Jul 2021 at 01:12 AM

John Bernick

votes

answers

views

Can I use Tung Sol EL34B tubes in my Origin 20H amplifier to replace the stock EL34 tubes ?

asked 08 Jul 2021 at 03:38 PM

RAYMOND N

votes

answers

views

I have an Origin 20c Amplifier that I purchased new last year. It must have been old stock because it appears the manufacture date was 2018. I believe this unit has the faulty Jack wiring since the labels for the external speakers do not match the owners manual (2 8ohm jacks, without the line indicating 16ohm for both). My question is, will this unit work with a single Origin 212 cabinet, assuming I unplug the internal speaker, or do I need to get it repaired. If it will work, which of the speaker jack should I use, the one in the middle or the one furthest from the 16 ohm Jack

asked 20 Mar 2021 at 01:30 AM

John Bernick

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I just bought an Origin 20C Combo. Even if there is a power level switch, I would like to have sometime a total silent practice. Is it possible to unplug the speaker and to just plug in an Headphone in the DI out ? I know it is not the best solution but I would not like to buy other tools.

Thanks for your answer

asked 27 Jan 2021 at 04:21 PM

Guillaume THEVENET

votes

answers

views

Hi, I'm in Canada and I am seeing 2 different listings and model numbers for the Origin 20 combo on Amazon.ca. Whats the difference between M-ORI20C ($679.99) and M-ORI20CU ($690.46 * this is the one listed on Amazon.com in the USA)? Is it that the CU model has a darker(black) grill cloth?

Thanks 

Pete

asked 30 Sep 2020 at 04:16 AM

Pete Monette

vote

answer

views

Hello,

I am a recent ower of a Marshall Origin 20, which I got in July. I've really enjoyed the amp until I plugged in last night and got out absolutely no sound out of it. I couldn't figure out why, as nothing as happened to it and it worked fine two days ago. I took it apart to do some trouble shooting and found that when I have all the knobs max'd and output on 20 watts, I can hear a whisper of my guitar signal (nicely saturated, presumably by the preamp tubes) through the speaker. This sound is affected by all of the knobs. However, if I plug my guitar directly into the return of the effects loop, and activate the effects loop I get no sound whatsoever; no guitar, no hum, nothing. Because of this, I'm sure my speaker is not the problem. These things led me to think it was a power amp section issue, so I went down and purchased a new set of matched EL34's, threw them in there, and nothing changed. I'd really like to know if there's anything I can do to fix this, because this amp is not even a year old and I should not be having these kinds of problems with completely normal bedroom use.

Thanks,

Alex

asked 12 Sep 2020 at 06:27 PM

Alex Peters (1)

votes

answer

views

Hi everyone :) 

I'm a total beginner when it comes to tube amps as it's my very first one.

I've got that weird feeling that something is wrong with my Origin 20C, when I push the gain to its max I don't get that sexy crunchy tone.

I can see the lights of all the 3 preamp and power tubes through the grid. 

If one of them was dead It shouldn't be lightened at all right ?

I thought I had to wait for 30s before pushing the master and play but saw later on the notice that they recommend to do it 2 minutes after turning amp on.

Plus, one our two times and used to transistors amps, I didn't wait at all. Could it caused the issue?

I don't hear any particular cracks, just a bit of white noise when I push it all up

Thanks you all !! 

edited 23 May 2020 at 07:34 PM

Charly CARRELET

asked 23 May 2020 at 07:30 PM

Charly CARRELET

votes

answer

views

I have an Origin 20 Combo and I just bought a new set of tubes, and I was wondering if i have to take it to a technician to bias it, or even if it needs to be biased?

THANKS

asked 20 Apr 2020 at 01:21 PM

Dewin Berdejo

votes

answers

views

Why are some people being told that the DI out on a Origin 20 is balanced line level output? (Me for one) and yet other people are being told it is an unbalanced and I take it not line level output? 

I have spent quite a bit (for me not for Marshall) money on your products and am less than impressed with this aspect of aftercare.

would someone at Marshall's end sort this out please. I can't be the only one that feels let down and contemplating never buying Marshall again.

could someone please confirm what the DI out is (balanced/unbalanced, line level or not). Certainly if this had been pre-sales advice I be returning the product (and be entitled to), it's not what I expect from a well known and respected brand.

alistair

asked 03 Apr 2020 at 04:06 AM

Alistair James

votes

answers

views

Hi,

guessing my asking this as a comment on another post got it lost.

can you explain how to use the DI please? Do I disconnect the speaker? Is the output line level? Does the powerstem have any effect?

new to having valves, like the amp but really would like this clarified.

ali

asked 20 Feb 2020 at 04:47 PM

Alistair James

votes

answer

views

Hi Guys,

got an origin 20 combo, trying to use headphones on di out. What am I doing wrong? Got speaker working but no sound in headphones.

I take it first thing is unplug speaker??? Then what, do I need to change the power setting or something?

hanging off till I hear more.

ali

asked 19 Feb 2020 at 05:51 PM

Alistair James
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Loading - please wait...