Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answers

views

Guitar and lead both work fine however my Marshall DSL40 (purchased Dec 2018) has stopped working, all lights work however there is no sound. High power output also makes strange popping/crackling noises when idle, also as of 2 weeks ago the amp would randomly but rarely make a clicking noise when in standby, this stopped a week later but  I had previously never ever heard this noise before. The standby also emits a quiet hum.

asked 16 Sep 2020 at 05:47 PM

Sam Adams

votes

answer

views

I've noticed that when switching channels, specifically from any other channel to the Clean channel in Green mode, I get an audible pop. Not like a firecracker going off, but definitely bothersome. If I set the Clean channel to Orange mode the pop does not happen. So, the pop only happens when switching to Clean/Green. This pop occurs when switching via the front panel buttons or my midi Voodoo Lab ground Control. 

I've had another JVM410H owner try to reproduce the issue, and they experienced the same pop when switching via the front panel buttons, but did not experience the pop when using the Marshall footswitch.

How can I correct this?

asked 12 Aug 2020 at 07:40 PM

Anthony Watkins

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

I had a Marshall dsl40cr brand new and out the box it "hissed" and "wooshed" quite bad, so much so I had to send it back.

I was sent a replacement that was alot better, but still a touch of noise.

This isn't electrical noise or interference - I know what that sounds like - this is something different.

It's only recently I've been too bothered, as it seems a lot of people have this issue.

My second issues is, when swapping between the 2 master volumes there is a popping noise - that's regardless of if 1 is higher than 2 or vice versa. It's like a static pop and happens via footswitch or on the panel.

I been reading the noise can be due to caps and resistors that need swapping and the popping is due to a faulty controller. Surely if these are known problems, this should be covered.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

asked 13 May 2020 at 02:38 PM

Nathan Martin
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...