Questions
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

votes

answers

views

I have a Marshall Origin 50c. I was wondering where the sweetspot is for this amp. I have my gain on 6, my bass on 2 my mids on 3 and my treble on 4, tilt is on 6 , presence is on 7 and master is on 2. I use it mostly for clean tone, then use my distortion pedal for the distortion that I need. I am a at home guitar hobbiest, and would like to know where the sweetspot is for this amp.

edited 15 Sep 2021 at 04:26 AM

David Allen

asked 15 Sep 2021 at 04:26 AM

David Allen

votes

answer

views

1.  Why does my amp lose "fullness" when Gain is at 5 or below, regardless of the Master Volume knob position?

2. Does switching from one mode to another (from lo > mid > hi) change the amount of harmonic distortion if the settings (EQ, Gain, and Master on full) remain the same?

3. Does Tilt knob, when set to 10 (which supposedly mimics the Hi treble channel of a Plexi) add additional gain to the overall gain structure (Gain knob + Master volume knob)

4. What frequencies does Middle knob control? Does it boost or cut certain frequencies or just shifts the emphasis of the middle frequency region?

edited 22 Feb 2021 at 09:45 PM

Srdjan Teofilovic

asked 22 Feb 2021 at 09:41 PM

Srdjan Teofilovic

votes

answer

views

I've checked the manuals I can find, but have been unable to get a clear reading on how loud the Origin 50Combo is.

Can anyone enlighten me on this? SPL or DB rating?

asked 19 Nov 2020 at 11:33 PM

Ivan Arnerich
Showing results 1 to 3 of 3
Loading - please wait...