Questions
Showing results 2101 to 2120 of 3902

votes

answer

views

I wound up settling for a Code 50 because I searched the internet and several music shops, both in person and online, the only place I found the Code 100 was a shop in the UK. The Code 50 is great but I would have liked to have the Code 100.

asked 03 Aug 2019 at 02:20 AM

Richard Lehman

votes

answers

views

After installing the latest Firmware update my Marhsall code 100 will not respond. The screen on the amp says USB not connected and I cannot do anything. I have tried a factory reset but that not working either. Help. 

asked 02 Aug 2019 at 02:57 PM

John Farley (1)

votes

answer

views

Hello,

My footswitch stopped responding under the following scenario.

Marshall Code 50

Four button footswitch

Macbook pro connected via USB

Sound output set to Marshall Code

Playing Youtube videos through the amp and playing along

After a while, the footswitch stopped responding. I couldn't change banks or position within a bank.

Unplugging the USB cable seemed to get things going but footswitch stopped responding again shortly after.

Turning the amp off an on again resolved the issue.

asked 02 Aug 2019 at 02:44 PM

Daniel Stux (1)

votes

answer

views

asked 01 Aug 2019 at 02:22 AM

Joe Roche (3)

votes

answer

views

when I bought the amp, some of the pots were scratchy as hell. I cleaned them all with contact cleaner and replaced the od channel gain pot. When I use any sort of gain, or even an od pedal through the clean channel, there is a slight crackling noise in the ‘background’. Lets say I strum a chord using gain, as the notes are dying out I can hear, what can only be describes as a crackle, almost like a crackle on a radio station that isn’t quite tuned in.. The less gain I use, the worse it is.

any help appreciated!

asked 31 Jul 2019 at 01:30 PM

Nikki Beman

votes

answer

views

I would like to use my fractal Fx8 as a channel switcher but first I must know if the amp uses "short to sleeve" switching.  Could someone give me a definitive answer to what kind of channel switching the Mg50fx uses? I wouldn't want to risk the potential damage to either pieces of gear. Thanks in advance.

edited 31 Jul 2019 at 07:44 AM

Christopher Matter

asked 31 Jul 2019 at 07:43 AM

Christopher Matter

votes

answers

views

Dear, 
I have a Marshall DSL40CR here with crackling/popping noise, I have already checked the tubes in a Hickok TV2C tube tester, and they are good. 
The master1 and master2 are closed. I realized that when I removed the Valve 4 the noise would stopping. So I searched around v4, and noted that the noise comes from resonance circuit, if I removing C138 the noise stopping, above this capacitor there are 105V, I swapped to 10uf/160V but the problem is the same, could you help me, please ?
Thanks & best regards. 

asked 30 Jul 2019 at 06:10 PM

Geovane Zimermann

votes

answers

views

I was wondering if the creator of the KASHMIR preset would be interested in also creating the FLANGER part for KASHMIR using all the current preset settings (amp, cabinet, speaker etc) as a complimentary preset for the turnaround section of the song.  I believe, from forums, that a preset will switch better (Marshall CODE footswitch) if the preset has the same amp, speaker and or cabinet setting as it takes away the millisecond delay of switching between amps in a particular preset.  Look forward to your answer and or creation of said beasty.

Regards Kev

asked 30 Jul 2019 at 02:07 AM

Kev Lawlor

votes

answer

views

Hi there,

Just last week I purchased a brand new Marshall DSL40cr, and after playing through it for some minutes I noticed a "wind blowing on a microphone" sort of noise coming from it. I did some research online and found out that quite a few people have had the same problem with this amp. I'm guessing you must be aware of this by now and must also have the solution to this problem.

I live in Brazil, so I'd rather not have to send my amp back to where I bought it in the US, but instead take it to a local tech here in Brazil. I just need to know how to solve this problem. I've already talked to two technicians here, but they don't seem to know what to do about it. What have you found out about this "wind blowing sound" problem? How can I fix it?

Best wishes,

Frank

asked 30 Jul 2019 at 01:38 AM

Frank Toledo

votes

answer

views

Hey guys

I bought a Marshall Code 100H about a month ago. (The cabinet also)

Now what i ask myselfe is. I have a strange cracking sound when I play with the Bridge Pickup. This only happens when I play a distortioned sound. All the clean sounds are perfect. Bus as soon I activate a distortion pedal, or put the gain up, there is this strange cracking. It's like an oversteering of distortion.

I tried with different cables, resetting the amp, with headphones, other guitars and another loudspeaker, but it's always the same.

Since I live in switzerland and I had to buy the amp in germany, it's kind of difficult to go to the dealer, because he's four hours driving away from my home.

Or do I have too high expectations on this amp, and this is totaly normal?

I recorded a sample of it, but I don't know where to upload.

Many thanks for your help.

Rock On!!!

asked 29 Jul 2019 at 11:37 PM

Kai Stiner

votes

answers

views

hi all,

I ve got a helix hx I am trying to use for channel swap on the amp.

For all of the above the following applies:

- JVM footcontroller is disconnection

- JVM midi has been reset: its on MIDI channel 1

Boss ES5 (works)

I can get it working using a Boss ES5: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YI65cgA4XI

Midi cable setup: Boss ES5 (out)  > JVM (IN)

Also going from Boss through the helix (midi passthrough works).

Midi cable connection:  Boss ES 5 (out) > Helix (IN) > Helix (out) > JVM

However, this is using Midi patch panel change. Not sure how this differs from MIDI CC?

Helix HX (not working)

For Helix im following this video : https://youtu.be/simaPS7dzLw?t=55

Midi cable connection:   Helix (out) > JVM

Im using MIDI CC and following the table in JSH User manual.

channel : 1

Function: CC: 16

value 2

= clean channel, Orange mode.

I set the amp up so that the midi controller is BLINKING and it doesnt stop blinking: its not receiving the signal?

I feel like Im close to getting there.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Eric

asked 28 Jul 2019 at 09:07 AM

eric barlier

votes

answer

views

My serial number doesn’t seem right it reads 0 068 it seems to be missing a number is there only one location for the serial number?

asked 27 Jul 2019 at 02:46 PM

Joseph Young

votes

answers

views

Hi,

Does the Code 15, 50, 100 have the same proccessing power ?

is there any difference in the hardware/software version ?

Thanks

D.

asked 27 Jul 2019 at 08:06 AM

D 10221

votes

answer

views

Ok My phone won't let me download the Gateway App. Is there any other way to get into my presets and what not to turn on my Noisegate/threshold?

asked 26 Jul 2019 at 09:29 PM

Christopher Lanam

votes

answer

views

Hi my marshall 50 watt all solid state keeps cutting out...  i am not sure if its the footswitch i bought it online a few years ago.. its a 2 x 12 combo. 

it will play fine for like 10 minutes then the volume just dies down to almost not audible.  I am not doing anything to make that happen. i didn't even operate the footswitch. 

please advise,

thanks, Nick

asked 26 Jul 2019 at 07:50 PM

NICK DeNora (1)

votes

answers

views

can anyone share or suggest a preset for Bowie's let's dance nile rodgers rhythm guitar?

asked 26 Jul 2019 at 06:54 PM

Mar Fede-mac

votes

answer

views

I want to know if the midi foot controller Berhringer FCB 1010 is compatible in Marshall Code.
thanks

asked 25 Jul 2019 at 04:55 PM

Fabio Roberto

votes

answer

views

Does Marshall sell a cover for the CODE50?

Has anyone found an aftermarket cover that fits the CODE50?

asked 25 Jul 2019 at 04:06 PM

Jim Marshall (12)

votes

answer

views

It won't power up when switched on; no signs of life at all. It worked fine at a gig and then when I got it home, it wouldn't switch on.I s there a fuse inside the cabinet? I've replaced the fuse in the plug, but that hasn't helped. 

asked 24 Jul 2019 at 03:41 PM

Robert Campbell
Showing results 2101 to 2120 of 3902
Loading - please wait...