Questions
Showing results 2261 to 2280 of 3880

votes

answer

views

I've had my Code amp for a couple of weeks and managed to connect it to my iPhone which is running the latest ios 10.2.1.  I also got it to connect to a brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 6.0.1.  The connection didn't always work and sometimes dropped out.  I've updated the Amp to the latest firmware to hopefully cure the connection issues and now my phone and tablet just can't detect the amp at all.  I've tried turning on and off, resetting everything, forgetting the device etc. etc. but it's like the amp just doesn't have Bluetooth.  As no device can see the amp then Gateway just isn't possible to use as it also can't detect a phone or tablet. My devices can see each other but it's like the Amp just doesn't have Bluetooth.  I've also tried searching for it with an Ipad but this also couldn't see the Amp ?  It looks like the Bluetooth has died on the Amp but thought I'd ask if anyone has any ideas of anything to try or otherwise I'll have to take it back to the dealer and either try another one or replace it with a Fender Mustang.  It's a good amp but seems to have to many glitches at the moment looking at the forums.  I'll give it one more go though if anyone has any suggestions to try.  Any ideas anyone ? Many thanks for reading.

Thanks for the responses.  I think it is a hardware issue though with the bluetooth just not working on the Amp.  It doesn't seem to matter what device I use the amplifier just isn't visible to anything ?

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:01 AM

asked 10 Dec 2018 at 04:32 PM

jaison pandey

votes

answers

views

Does changing from one wattage to another while the amp is on cause any problems?

It doesn't seem to cause any audio issues besides the obvious change in volume - but will it hurt the lifespan of the tubes or damage any components?

So what's the rule? Choose power level before turning on? Turn down the master volume before changing power levels? Or does it make zero difference?

asked 10 Dec 2018 at 07:45 AM

Tom LeBlanc (1)

votes

answers

views

My amp broke down and I need to get a new one because I’m already going crazy lol. I saw the CODE50 for (the equivalent of) 345$. Should I get this amp? Is it good or should I look for another options? Do you have any other suggestions for an amp around this price? I play in my room. No shows or anything like that. I used to have Fender 15G and, volume wise, never passed the 4/10.

edited 17 Dec 2018 at 08:54 AM

asked 10 Dec 2018 at 05:26 AM

Michael jones

vote

answers

views

Hi

does anyone has the settings for greta van fleet?

Code 25

asked 09 Dec 2018 at 10:13 PM

martin pees (1)

votes

answer

views

I have recently been given the above amp and before I connect it to a speaker and switch it on I am concerned to know the correct protocol for connecting a speaker cabinet(s).  The speaker output sockets have no information directly next to them but a label elsewhere on the rear of the amp states "WARNING. Not to be used with speaker cabinets of less than 4 ohms"

My queries are:-

1. Is it safe (i.e. without risk of damage to the amp) to use just one speaker output as long as it is connected to a speaker cabinet of 4 ohms minimum impedance and appropriate wattage?

2. When using both speaker outputs can they both be connected to cabinets each of 4 ohms minimum impedance or are the outputs paralleled in which case would I need to work with two cabinets each of 8 ohms to arrive at a 4 ohms minimum impedance in total?

Apologies if the answer to this seems obvious but I have a little knowledge of these matters and while a little knowledge can be 'a dangerous thing' it can also lead you to be concerned (possibly unnecessarily) about getting things right!

Thanks in anticipation

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:02 AM

asked 09 Dec 2018 at 01:11 PM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

As pointed out in these blogs the Code series locks up during editing and doesn't have an app for Mac users. These issues go back to al least June of this year. When is Marshall going address these issuse other than saying "a solution is coming soon?" I recently purchased a Code 50 but I am not going to hold on to it if Marshall is not going to support it. 

asked 09 Dec 2018 at 01:11 PM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

I just purchased and plugged in my hundred-watt code amp head prepared to plug it into my full stack two 2 cabinets and it only has one speaker output Jack on the back I am confused befuddled perplexed and never heard of such a thing as specially for Marshall what do I do to run it to both cabinets can I use a splitter box I'm feeling like a snowflake somebody help? Lol

asked 09 Dec 2018 at 01:08 AM

Don Wyzard

votes

answer

views

Hi there

I recently bought a code 25 and am inlove with the amp. One problem your app does not work on IOS. I have not tested it on android devices as I don't own any Android devices.

The app opens and everything but the sign in procedure does not work

Please fix your app!!

asked 08 Dec 2018 at 06:06 PM

Corné Opperman

votes

answer

views

bonjour je me présente christopher , je viens d'acheter un marshall code 50 et je voudrais savoir si quelqu'un peux m'aider car je veux enregistrer le son de mon ampli pour pouvoir mettre mes enregistrements sur une clé usb par la suite et écouter si quelqu'un peux m'aider ce serais cool merci(christopher)

asked 08 Dec 2018 at 02:45 PM

christopher cardon

votes

answer

views

Directly, I want to enter a numerial parameter, for example using key pad windows on Gateway application, when I setup some parameter. How can I do?

asked 08 Dec 2018 at 09:16 AM

Morimasa Matsuda (1)

votes

answer

views

Dear Marshall team,

I got my new Marshall code 25 but had to recognize that i am not able to connect with the gateway app. I am connected with the amp, but i do not see the connection sign on the left on the app.   It is also not requested to enter a code or number while connecting with the amp. The key is also always different when i am trying to connect again with the bluetooth. I am kind of desperately because I was really excited about my new amp :(

What can I do to connect with the app? I tried everything that was already suggested in the other comments. Please help me :/

Greetings from Germany,

Lilli

asked 07 Dec 2018 at 06:17 PM

Lilli Schaper

votes

answer

views

My JCM 900 doesn't sound the same as it use to, had a local tech. put in a new transformer and tubes but, no balls. How do you find a trained Marshall service rep. in the states?

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:03 AM

asked 07 Dec 2018 at 12:15 PM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

Hi All,

So I’ve been using a Marshall 1987X for a year now. About 2 months into use I removed the bright cap to reduce the hiss, feedback and aggression I was getting off the bright channel. 

I keep channels bridged and am getting a good loud classic bluesy tone from the amp that I definitely dig!

I want to have something to boost it with just ever so gently to get more sustain, a tiny amount of compression and a hair more presence from the sound. 

What pedal fits the bill? I want to keep away from overdrives and silicon chip based pedals

Cheers

Karan.

asked 07 Dec 2018 at 07:41 AM

Karan Taktawala

votes

answer

views

My MA 50C has an internal speaker that is at 16 ohms and the amp is wired for 8 ohms max.  I have a 2x12 cab that is at 8 ohms that I can plug in - BUT (and this is the question):  Can I leave the Internal speaker plugged into the amp (again, at 16 ohms) and STILL plug in my 2x12 cab (8 ohms) without doing damage or do I have to unplug the internal speaker before I plug the 2x12 in?  By my math (and this is always very questionable), it should be able to handle it because it will not make the amp go lower than the 8 minimum to get the full 50 watts.  I need another set of eyes/brain to confirm/refute.  Thank you in advance!!!

asked 06 Dec 2018 at 02:00 PM

Ivan Thuringer

votes

answer

views

How  far can you turn this up wihtout blowing it up!? Code 50

Ive got a main  Heavy Metal Tone I use all the time. The volume in the preset is set to  1.8. I have it that low so it doesnt blow my Clean sound away when I click between the two. 

I was playing with a drummer the other day and I had the master volume up to maybe close to half and I was worried I was going to blow the speaker.

So How  far up is safe?

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:07 AM

asked 06 Dec 2018 at 11:02 AM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

I have a DSL100H, and would like to replace the footswitch with one that has LED's so I can tell what setting I am on with my back to the amp. Can I use a standard externally powered 2 button switch with a TRS cable? 

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:07 AM

asked 06 Dec 2018 at 10:54 AM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

I just did a update to the Code 50 and it still has different presets than the newer 100 ? Preset #9 on the 100 is called Classic Metal and on the 50 its called American 60's. this makes me wonder if it truly took the update???

edited 06 Dec 2018 at 01:43 PM

asked 05 Dec 2018 at 11:08 AM

jaison pandey

votes

answer

views

I have  a nextbook tablet without bluetooth and i would like to know if the gateway app will also work with a USB connection? I do not have a cell phone to use with bluetooth.

edited 11 Dec 2018 at 09:06 AM

asked 05 Dec 2018 at 11:04 AM

jaison pandey

votes

answers

views

Hi.

Please can you (Marshall) tell me if the speaker in the CODE50 is a FRFR ("Full Range Flat Response") speaker???

Or is it an actual guitar cab. speaker (that may have been specifically voiced for the CODE50)???

Regards,

Dale.

P.S.

Of course anybody else's comments would be appreciated.

asked 04 Dec 2018 at 04:11 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answer

views

how can I show you 2 videos of the new and old code 100h head that show a strange sound coming from one but not the other
these videos were taken minutes apart and tested a few times
it sounds like a tiny fire alarm is going off with volume pushed to max and all other settings either in a preset or all down

asked 04 Dec 2018 at 07:46 AM

adrian MOREno (1)
Showing results 2261 to 2280 of 3880
Loading - please wait...