Questions
Showing results 2381 to 2400 of 3879

votes

answers

views

Anyone know what the V and  stand for in this Marshall DSL 100H Amp serial number 'V-####-##-####-H' what do the V and H stand for ?

Thanks

Richard

asked 29 Sep 2018 at 09:14 PM

Richard Ward

vote

answer

views

Will Marshall provide a way to increase the headphone volume as is very low against all other devices we use such as iPhones, PC DAWS etc, so makes it very difficult to practice without disturbing the household and neighbours...

asked 27 Sep 2018 at 09:34 AM

Michael Lawson (2)

votes

answer

views

Will Marshall add user memory slots, as are available on other modelling amps, so we can keep the presets rather than having to choose to overwrite them with our own.

asked 27 Sep 2018 at 09:31 AM

Michael Lawson (2)

votes

answer

views

hello, i'm a code user (25 watts) and i have to say that is a great amp for clean tones and crunch also. But when you try to create a hi gain tone there are some frequencies that ruin your sound, and this make me think that these unit need an eq effect or block to reach a tone with more precision. will marshall still have plans for the code line?  will you release a new update ? i hope that marshall enginners listen my petition

pd: the eq knobs in the amp doesn't help 

greetings!!!

asked 27 Sep 2018 at 06:19 AM

Pelao Medina

votes

answer

views

Hey there! I have just acquired a DSL 401 and am searching for a manual.  Anyone have an idea of where I might find one? Thanks.

asked 26 Sep 2018 at 06:35 PM

Steve Keyes

votes

answer

views

I broke out my old mg 30dfx and bought the PEDL-90008 for it but nothing happens when I plug it in. Is that the correct footswitch for my amp?

asked 26 Sep 2018 at 05:39 PM

John Sandbrook

votes

answers

views

Why does Origin 50h not have a standby switch?

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 07:32 PM

Gatis Ivans

vote

answer

views

One of the most potentially apepaling feature of the CODE amp system, the ability to change and store settings with bluetooth technology from my iphone, simply does not work. How does this sor tof problem reach ghe masrket in the first place. And MArshall's response, "We're working on it" for over a year is not reassuring.

Marshall:  How about an honest response like, "it can't be fixed" or "an update will be launched in the next 30 days" ?

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 10:18 AM

Ron Caimi (1)

votes

answer

views

I was trying to jam along with youtube so I plugged in my iPad to the "audio in" input of the amp.

Volume of the iPad is cranked to max.

I noticed that the iPad can only be heard when the volume of each channel are turned up.

Problem is, especially in Ultra Gain Channel, the iPad will not be heard until the volume of the channel is set to pretty high (pass 9 o'clock), meanwhile, my guitar sound will be very LOUD that will cover the jamming track and also cause serious air to my neighbour (basically I only hear my guitar and cannot hear the iPad which is connected to the amp throught the "audio in" input).

Solution to the above is very much appreciated.

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 08:22 AM

BS Lee

votes

answer

views

Does the programmable footswitch have tap delay capabilities? If not, how can I achieve that?

asked 24 Sep 2018 at 02:11 AM

Jamie Carter (16)

votes

answer

views

Does anyone know the value of the power transformer for a MG30CFX? Cheers.

asked 23 Sep 2018 at 09:57 PM

Steven Muscat

votes

answers

views

Hello. I have a Code 50, and I found a DSL100H and a 1960 cab on craigslist yestarday for a good price so I snached them up!

So what Im planning to do is get an 1/8 to 1/4 adaptor and using the headphone out jack from the Code 50 as a effects brick for the DSL100 as the 50 has no out jacks other than the headphone one. Itll be a few days before the adaptor arrives so I thought Id ask how well this will work so Im not so disappointed, lol.

Ive done this before hundreds of times with non tube amps, but I dont want to blow up my new babys tubes.

Ive only had the code for about a month or so. If this doesnt work, Im planning on trading the Code in for a rack effects brick. Or mayber getting a mixer and routing the USB output that way..

Advice?

Thanks!

edited 23 Sep 2018 at 09:43 PM

m j

asked 23 Sep 2018 at 02:56 PM

m j

votes

answer

views

I purchased an AS50D amp a while ago, and while I've otherwise been extremely happy with it, when it arrived the caps fell off many of the knobs, which is obviously annoying since I can't see what the current settings are.

I contacted the (Swiss, German-speaking) vendor, who contacted Marshall, and they shipped me a baggy of replacement knobs.

Naively it appears that I should be able to pull the old knobs off and push these on (as I see no evidence of a set-screw anywhere). However, applying reasonable force with my hand or even prying with a screwdriver, I can't get the old knobs to come off. I don't want to risk applying a large force until I'm more confident that I'm following the correct procedure and won't break anything. 

So, my questions are

- are these in fact the correct replacement knobs?

- what is the recommended procedure to replace the knobs?

- if I am supposed to simply pull the old knobs off, should I expect to apply a lot of force?

- if not and these are the correct knobs, what is the recommended procedure to replace the knobs?

edited 23 Sep 2018 at 10:50 AM

Patrick S

asked 23 Sep 2018 at 10:32 AM

Patrick S

vote

answers

views

What setting do you use to get the Code 50 to act as a amplifier/speaker with no modeled effects?

asked 22 Sep 2018 at 07:20 PM

Kevin Towns (35)

votes

answer

views

Hello (again).

Not that I use the Gateway App. much but I'd still like to make a suggestion (below).  There's usually a fair number of posts where people say they cannot save or transfer to or from the amp. (don't understand how to do it) and maybe this would make things a bit easier.

That little "Save" button / icon only appears if you make change to a preset.  So if you just want to copy a single preset to or from the amp. then you have to make a change, change the change back to original (if that makes sense), and then hit the little "Save" button / icon that has now appeared.  Suggestion: make the little "Save" button / icon PERMANENTLY visible in the app.  This way you can then simply call up a preset (from amp. or Marshall Gateway), toggle at will, and simply save to your selected or preferred destination.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 22 Sep 2018 at 12:04 PM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answers

views

I own a Code100 2x12 combo, and after a couple of months of use I am now dealing with some very noticeable fuzz and crackling. It does not matter what volume I am at... 

Things that I have tried...

*Firmware update
*Using a distortion pedal and changing my preamp to clean as well as acoustic.
*Performing a factory reset

As you can imagine I am pretty frustrated... Has anyone else dealt with this issue? If so...what is the solution, please and thank you...

asked 21 Sep 2018 at 11:05 PM

Tyler L

vote

answers

views

Yeh.  I'll bet the title of THIS post caught the attention of a few folks!!!  LOL!!!  Sorry.  It's not an effects loop as you would know it!!!

As you all know: there's no effects loop on the CODE 25 and CODE50.  I've not found this to be an issue but I would like to try and hook up an equalizer (Boss GE-7) to try out.  I've have tried putting the pedal in the front but with high gain amps. like the JCM800 the noise levels lift WAY too much especially if you're using PRE FX like distortion (and REVERB and DELAY make the situation worse).  In addition to this there are certain pedals that just should be in an effects loop and not in front e.g. TC Electronic's MIMIQ.

So here's my plan (which requires two amps.) (and which is the reason I said "it's not an effects loop as you would know it!!!" above):

1 - Guitar straight into amp. 1 (say a CODE 25).

2 - On amp. 1: ONLY PRE FX and PRE AMP are turned ON i.e. everything else is turned OFF.

3 - From amp. 1: take the LINE OUT (HEADPHONE) to a REAMP box (this to reduce the output level from amp. 1 from a line level signal back to an instrument level signal) (and this so as not to blow up your pedals or second amp.).

4 - From the REAMP box: to pedal (or pedals i.e. however many you want in your "loop").

5 - From pedals: into amp. 2 (another CODE 25 for example) and on amp. 2 PRE FX and PRE AMP are turned OFF and everything else is turned ON.

Can anybody think of any reason why this would NOT work???

It IS INDEED an effects loop i.e. your effects are now sitting between the ouput stage of a PRE AMP (amp.1) and the input stage of a POWER AMP (amp. 2) which is indeed a normal effects loop as we all know it (this just being a very long winded way of accomplishing the same thing).

Yeh.  I know.  I could just try it but I'd rather get some outside input before I go blasting my amps. because there's something I've not thought of here.  Oh and don't worry: I won't hold anybody responsible if things go wrong!!!  LOL!!!  Oh and don't worry Marshall i.e. if memory serves me correctly all but one of my amps. are out of warranty!!!  LOL!!!

Regards,

Dale.

P.S.

If Marshall would be so kind and forthcoming so as to give us a clue as to where the effects loops connections are on the CODE 100/100H???  I've a feeling that a "proper" effects loop could very easily be "installed" on a CODE 25 / CODE 50 IF you know where to splice into the internal connections!!!  I say this because bear in mind that ALL of the CODE range use the same firmware and the front panels on the CODE 50 and CODE 100/100H are pretty much identical.  And I also believe there is already a clue in the sense that on the CODE 100/100H: the LINE OUT (HEADPHONE) socket disables the effects loop.  Hmmmnnn...  Unfortunately I don't have access to a CODE 100/100H (at least not the type of access that will allow me near one with a screwdriver in hand!!!  LOL!!!).

edited 21 Sep 2018 at 11:18 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

asked 21 Sep 2018 at 11:14 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answer

views

When I download presets from the My Marshall website, how can I then transfer/import them to either the Gateway on my iPad, or to the Code 25 amp itself?

I can control the amp from the iPad, but it will only let me use the 99 presets already loaded.

asked 20 Sep 2018 at 04:29 PM

Nick Robertson

votes

answers

views

Please read this post in the spirit in which it is posted.

I monitor these forums regularly as I have five Marshall CODE amps. and I guess I like to see what's going on and stay up-to-date.  And I suppose I enjoy sharing my knowledge and helping others where I can.  I must also note that I've not had any of the issues described on these forums with any of my CODE amps.  And I must also note that I think they're the best modelling amps. around i.e. they're Marshalls and enough said.

But what concerns me (and hence this post) is this: there really does seem to be a lack of interest on the part of Marshall Amplification when it comes to the CODE range (at least here on the forums i.e. if emailing Technical Support yields different results then I do apologise) (and given the fact that I've had no issues at all with any of my CODE amps., as noted above, I've never had to contact Technical Support so I would not know).  It's almost as if Marshall regret the day they got into this modelling business (and if that's not the case: sorry but that's my personal impression at the moment after, what, around eighteen months or so of monitoring these forums???).  I mean to say: there are so many posts around here (dating back) asking for feedback re: apparent bluetooth issues, projected dates for new firmware updates, etc. etc. etc.  And no answers.  There's even been one or two posts asking if Marshall is going to continue with the CODE range or if it's something they want to get away from.  No answer.  I think you get the picture.

The above being said: I do understand how frustrating it must be to be asked the same old questions over and over and over again ESPECIALLY when a forum member couldn't even be bothered to search the forums for an answer before posting and asking a question or before reading the manual.  Hell: if I had a few USD or GBP or EUR for every time I've answered a question on here re: standalone software to control these amps. well, then, I'd probably buy some more CODE amps.!!!  LOL!!!  Point is and all jokes aside: I do get it.  But it's no excuse for a lack of response on some very key issues (like those mentioned above).  And what's more: for some they're not asking for favors i.e. they're quite willing to help themselves but need a little bit of input (the Master Volume issue comes to mind here) and they just don't get that input.  And (back to the firmware issue): some are even prepared to roll back their firmware to a previous version as (apparently)  some issues were not issues in previous versions i.e. they're not even insisting that a new, immediate, firmware update with fixes is made available.  Fairer than that I don't think they could be.  But: no response (or, in some cases, a very non-committal response anyway).

In closing: I don't know if I'm correct in my assumption that Marshall isn't too interested in this CODE range of amps.  I also don't know if, maybe, this (perceived on my part anyway) lack of interest is because this particular market is quite tough nowadays (what with other modelling amps. and a plethora of plugins and the rest of the junk out there) and maybe the core business (the more expensive and professional products) is being conentrated on and these CODE amps. are just an irritation.  But you need to know this (as I have noted already): they are STILL Marshall amplifiers.  And there is nothing on the market (whether it be another modelling amp. or a plugin) that sounds like these amps. (or, at very least, comes as close to emulating the more expensive and professional Marshall valve amps.).  So they are actually something to be proud of Marshall.  Just bear this in mind going forward.

As I said: please read in the spirit in which this is being posted.

No response is necessary either.  But please do take cognisance of what I've posted above going forward.

Regards,

Dale.

asked 20 Sep 2018 at 09:12 AM

Dale Paterson (105)

votes

answer

views

Does Marshall have a customer service  number?  Problems with a code 50 amp cutting out..been doing it since a week after i couldn't  return it. 

asked 20 Sep 2018 at 07:54 AM

Randy Holland
Showing results 2381 to 2400 of 3879
Loading - please wait...