Im trying to get close to Long Train Running Sound. Any tips please

Thanks in advance

asked 13 Jul 2018 at 01:10 PM

martin jones

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I have a code 100H connected to a 4x12 cabinet.  I want to use my Boss ME-80, as I have stored a number of presets.  I have plugged my guitar into the ME-80 and the ME-80 into the input of the amp, however the volume of the amp is significantly decreased, I have turned the ME-80 volume up to max with little affect, I have also turned all the FX on The code 100H off.  The volume is very poor, worse with my Gibson SG, than with my Fender Strat. Is there a better way to set up my ME-80, e,g through the FX loop, and how would I do it.  Would this solve the problem?

Thanks

asked 12 Jul 2018 at 12:22 PM

Huw Evans

votes

answer

views

Hi Guys,

I am a Guitar beginner and just got my Code 50, i am really happy with.

But could someone advice me what i need on my windows for recording from the Code.

i am using windows 10.

i would really appriciate if someone could help me!

Thank you in advance

Franz

asked 11 Jul 2018 at 02:36 PM

Franz Zlabinger

votes

answers

views

Hi, all.

I've got a (not very big) problem with recordnig music via USB. I use only clean sound, typical settings for my guitar equipped with 2x Wilkinson WVC humbuckers are:

preamp - DSL, gain - 2.0 (increasing gain over 2.5 makes sound NOT as clean, as I want it to be), volume - 10, B/M/T - 7/10/5, noise gate - 0.5

power amp - American, presence - 2, resonance - 6

I tried Audacity and Presonus Studio One, and in both cases recording level is about -20dB. Of course I can normalize volume in post processing to let's say -3dB and I still have quite satisfactory quality, but I loose this 17dB of signal/noise ratio.

Any suggestion how to increase USB output level?

asked 11 Jul 2018 at 06:32 AM

Jacek Klimkiewicz (234)

votes

answers

views

Hi  I  think you misunderstood my question- I don't want to download, I want to save the settings I have tweaked in case my amp breaks and I need to re-download them later.

original question : Is it possible to upload and save presets via USB? How do I do it? (I don't have smartphone so cant use phone app).

asked 10 Jul 2018 at 02:22 AM

fred cav (2)

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I recently bought a Marshall DSL20HR head and a Marshall 1936 Lead 2x12 cab. 

The head has a cab emulator out, so I hooked it up to my audio interface and was playing through my pc monitors. I turned up the volume and gain on the ultra gain channel and a strange buzz/noise came from the head when I would strum a chord or pick a note.

I only noticed this because I had the level on my interface low as I was just testing the cab emulator out. I have alos tested this with the head not plugged into either my interface or the cab and still get a strange noise/buzz.

As this is my first valve head I'm not sure if this is just something that happens when you turn up the volume and gain - as the amp is being pushed harder, or if there is a fault with the head and I need to take it back to the shop I purchased it from.

I will link below some video of the problem. The first video sounds worse than it is as I put my phone directly on top of the head as I play. It's not the signal noise from the amp that I am worried about, it's the rattle when I strum chords or hit notes...

https://youtu.be/ftOsSKeM8H4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWTiPugPfZ4

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm probably just over reacting, but it would be good to get some reassurance.

Thanks! \m/

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 06:08 PM

Rory Judge

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to upload and save presets via USB? How do I do it? (I don't have smartphone so cant use phone app).

Thanks

Fred

asked 09 Jul 2018 at 10:27 AM

fred cav (2)

votes

answers

views

Hi guys i bought a code 50 amp and i can't seem to asign a patch to the pedal for instance B1. every time i try and asign a pedal i end up overwriting settings.

This is what i am doing.

I am holding the Store button till it flashes, the the (B1 for example) flashes. then i go to the channel i want to store the patch to and step on that bank. then i hold the store button till it says stored.

Can you guys please help

asked 08 Jul 2018 at 11:03 AM

Dominique van der Westhuizen (1)

votes

answers

views

Hi, i have just aquired a haze 15 head in great nick.

please anybody could you advise on what marshal power tubes are used as in maker ?

Also they use three ecc83 the first being a different code ( this is the one with the aluminium cover) is this the higher gain one? if so could i swap for a lower gain with no problems.

Also has anyone upgraded the speaker that is fitted ( marque) ? if so to what just interested

Thanks John

asked 07 Jul 2018 at 12:29 PM

John Smith

votes

answers

views

Like apparently everyone else, my Code 25 "forgets" to turn on Bluetooth, and I have to restart the pairing process all over again, everytime I want to play.  I have to delete the pairing from my phone, turn on bluetooth pairing on the amp,  and rediscover the amp.  EVERY FREAKING TIME.  Where's that update to the firmware?

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 08:03 PM

aaron busby (3)

votes

answer

views

Hi,

I got new 2525C.How shoud DI OUT work?When i connected DI OUT to sound card input,there was silence,both in STAND BY,LO & HI mode.At that time,from SEND signal is in any mode.

edited 06 Jul 2018 at 08:37 AM

Maksim Ostashev

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 08:27 AM

Maksim Ostashev

votes

answer

views

I have had my DSL40 for about 5 years now.  Today I turned it on and have zero gain.  The volume seems to work but no distortion, even on ultra gain.  I am assuming this means the tubes need to be replaced, but the poerp or preamp tubes?  Or all of them?

asked 06 Jul 2018 at 04:27 AM

Doug Dickinson

votes

answer

views

when I connect the app on android with the bluetooth amp and I want to load effects edited by other people, the effects return
by default, and when I deactivate the bluetooth again the edited effects appear in the library of the gateway app. Can not be
used when connected? I do not understand what happens.

asked 05 Jul 2018 at 10:41 AM

🎸 Carlos 🎸

votes

answer

views

Is it possible to control and make changes to the existing preloaded patches of the Code App via the USB port connected to a Windows 10 Laptop?

or the Marshall Gateway App works only with Android/iPhone via Bluetooth?

thanks

asked 05 Jul 2018 at 06:58 AM

Mel Gili

vote

answer

views

I love my Code 50 amp but lately, it's having a problem where there is no sound coming out of the amp after a couple minutes of turning it on. The only way to fix the problem is to turn it off and on. However, this only fixes it for a couple minutes. I've already instaled the latest firmware.

asked 04 Jul 2018 at 06:27 AM

BRAYAN NUNEZ (1)

votes

answer

views

I am having the same problem as many others regarding automatic bluetooth connectivity. Please, Marshall. Sort this out, you've had long enough to deal with this. Maybe we buyers should demand our money back.

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 08:36 PM

Glyn Bycroft (4)

votes

answer

views

Hi! I would like to use the effects on a Line6 Firehawk with my DSL20CR using the 4-cable method.

Is this method possible with DSL20CR?

I connect with Gtr->FH input, FH FX send->Amp input, FH FX Return->Amp FX Send, FH left out->Amp FX Return

I hear the sound when I push the FX Loop button on the Marshall remote. However it seems to bypass the preamp, i.e.

nothing happens when I change volume on the Marshall. I thought the 4-cable method meant I could mix the pre-amp

with the effects through the FX loop. What am I doing wrong or is this method not applicable to this amp?

Best, Hans

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:42 PM

Hans Gustafsson

votes

answers

views

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 06:50 PM

martin pees (1)

votes

answer

views

Tried out the effects loop over the weekend and whether I run one pedal through it, or loads, tried different cables, power supply or battery, the loop adds a high pitched whine to the sound, which makes it pretty unusable.

I'm going to re-try a load of things, again different pedals, batteries and cables, but do Marshall have any suggestions?

Also is there a way to change the level/mix of the effects loop, or is it fixed?

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 07:40 AM

Ian Watts

votes

answers

views

Hi,

I recently purchased a Code 50 and have been trying to connect it to the gateway app on my Android phone. The phone connects to the amp successfully via bluetooth and I can stream the audio out to the amp directly using Spotify but when I go into the gateway app, it says "Not Connected". I tried the "Scan for Amps" button but it doesn't find anything. Any help is appreciated.

asked 02 Jul 2018 at 03:03 AM

Himanshu Chaturvedi (2)
Showing results 2541 to 2560 of 3903
Loading - please wait...